Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: John V. on January 21, 2016, 05:47:48 am

Title: Media Type setting confusion - canvas epson 11880
Post by: John V. on January 21, 2016, 05:47:48 am
I use the "CANVAS" setting on my 11880 to make profiles with the colormunki. I use the CANVAS setting because the printer gives me an accurately sized print when I do so. I send a 30.5"x40.5" image to the printer and that's exactly what I get in print. I've had issues with canvas stretching/shrinkage using other settings, as much as an 1" off.

I notice that the Lexjet's ICC for Sunset Select Matte use Water Color Radiant as the media type. I also notice that Epson themselves use Water Color Radiant White as the media type for their matte canvas

Is there a reason that these guys aren't using the CANVAS setting to build their profiles? Is there some advantage to using WCRW as the media type to build my profiles?

A little investigation tells me that I can set the 'paper feed adjustment' to +70 and probably get accurately sized prints..
Title: Re: Media Type setting confusion - canvas epson 11880
Post by: John V. on January 21, 2016, 06:09:03 am
I should add, I'm curious to know what the printer is doing differently using the "canvas" setting in order to maintain the correct running length of the print..
Title: Re: Media Type setting confusion - canvas epson 11880
Post by: hugowolf on January 21, 2016, 04:34:10 pm
Watercolor Paper Radiant White puts down more ink than Canvas. You could try increasing the Color Density slider  with the Canvas media setting.

Brian A