Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Capture One Q&A => Topic started by: lelouarn on January 21, 2016, 02:49:00 am

Title: C1 9.0.2 adds contextual menu (windows 7)
Post by: lelouarn on January 21, 2016, 02:49:00 am
Hi,
I installed C1 9.0.2 recently, and noticed something annoying. Now, when I want to empty my trashcan (the general windows one, nothing to do with C1, you would think), there is a C1 contextual menu item (when I right click on the trash).
How do I get rid of that ? I don't want C1 to mess with my trashcan !

It's a minor annoyance, but I hate intrusive software, and modifying the trash menu of the whole windows is a PITA...

Ideas ?

Thanks !
Title: Re: C1 9.0.2 adds contextual menu (windows 7)
Post by: Bart_van_der_Wolf on January 21, 2016, 06:13:57 am
Hi,
I installed C1 9.0.2 recently, and noticed something annoying. Now, when I want to empty my trashcan (the general windows one, nothing to do with C1, you would think), there is a C1 contextual menu item (when I right click on the trash).
How do I get rid of that ? I don't want C1 to mess with my trashcan !

Hi,

Same happens with me, also on Win7. I don't know if other Windows versions have the same issue, I could not find anything in the CaptureOne 9 for Windows forum. I've created a support case with PhaseOne, so they should now be aware of the issue, and I await their response.

I too find fiddling with tools to get rid of that shell extension too annoying, so let's see what solution PhaseOne comes up with.

Cheers,
Bart
Title: Re: C1 9.0.2 adds contextual menu (windows 7)
Post by: lelouarn on January 21, 2016, 06:52:14 am
Thanks ! :-)
Title: Re: C1 9.0.2 adds contextual menu (windows 7)
Post by: Malcolm Payne on January 21, 2016, 08:40:53 am
Also on Win 10 r 1511/ C1 9.0.3 (unless it's a leftover from earlier versions).

I hadn't noticed it previously until you mentioned it, but it will be interesting to see what Phase One has to say.

Cheers,

Malcolm
Title: Re: C1 9.0.2 adds contextual menu (windows 7)
Post by: AlterEgo on January 21, 2016, 09:35:43 am

Ideas ?


regedit + HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shell = remove C1 branch

PS: that will eliminate C1 from all such context menus for all folders.
Title: Re: C1 9.0.2 adds contextual menu (windows 7)
Post by: Hoggy on January 21, 2016, 10:59:16 am
Under Edit -> Preferences, in the 'General' tab - there's a "Show item in folder context menu".  That should do it.

Note that you may have to scroll down to see it - at least I did.
Title: Re: C1 9.0.2 adds contextual menu (windows 7)
Post by: lelouarn on January 21, 2016, 11:46:39 am
Thanks guys !
I tried the Settings menu suggestion, and it worked like a charm...