Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Vieri Bottazzini on January 16, 2016, 05:30:33 pm

Title: Talisker, I
Post by: Vieri Bottazzini on January 16, 2016, 05:30:33 pm
A lesser known location for landscape photography on the Isle of Skye, Talisker offers wonderful photographic opportunities. Bathed in the soft sunset light, looking completely different as the tides come and go, Talisker's magic never cease to amaze me. Definitely one of my favourite locations on Skye.

(https://vieribottazzini.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/6Z10497.jpg)

With the Pentax 645z and the 28-45mm f/4.5. Thanks for viewing! Best,

Vieri
Title: Re: Talisker, I
Post by: mvsoske on January 16, 2016, 05:41:45 pm
Outstanding mood!  Lovely!

Mark
Title: Re: Talisker, I
Post by: Bob_B on January 16, 2016, 07:04:50 pm
!! Words defy me at the moment. (Sensational does come to mind :)
Title: Re: Talisker, I
Post by: Jens Peermann on January 16, 2016, 10:04:09 pm
Wonderful image. The simplicity of its composition shows what's really important to create an effective photograph.
Title: Re: Talisker, I
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on January 17, 2016, 04:22:15 am
Gorgeous. I hope you sampled the output of the local distillery while you were there.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Talisker, I
Post by: stamper on January 17, 2016, 05:40:18 am
Very nice. One of the best images I have seen on here for a long time. One slight nitpick. You could infill the sun area with yellow?
Title: Re: Talisker, I
Post by: Kevin Gallagher on January 17, 2016, 06:47:41 am
         It's just stunning! For me, the contrast between the crisp sharpness of the rocks & seaweed and the blur of the water really adds to the shot.


Kevin in CT
Title: Re: Talisker, I
Post by: Vieri Bottazzini on January 19, 2016, 10:11:38 am
Outstanding mood!  Lovely!

Mark

Thank you very much Mark, glad you enjoyed it! :D

!! Words defy me at the moment. (Sensational does come to mind :)

Thank you Bob for the very nice comment, I really appreciated it! :D

Wonderful image. The simplicity of its composition shows what's really important to create an effective photograph.

Thanks a lot Jens! :) About composition, I think that growing old I am moving towards simpler and simpler compositions - somehow, I feel more and more attracted to the simplicity of lines and colours...

Gorgeous. I hope you sampled the output of the local distillery while you were there.

Jeremy

Thank you very much Jeremy! :D Of course I did, Talisker (the bay) is magic, but Talisker (the whisky) deserves as much attention!  8)

Very nice. One of the best images I have seen on here for a long time. One slight nitpick. You could infill the sun area with yellow?

Thank you very very much stamper, I am glad you enjoyed it! :) About the sun, you are right - you know, I was wondering that had I shot film I probably would have had much less of the problem...

         It's just stunning! For me, the contrast between the crisp sharpness of the rocks & seaweed and the blur of the water really adds to the shot.

Kevin in CT

Thank you very much Kevin for your comment about the contrast between textures in the image, I really do appreciate it :)

Thank you all very much again for taking the time to view and comment! Best,

Vieri
Title: Re: Talisker, I
Post by: MattBurt on January 19, 2016, 10:40:23 am
Beautiful shot!
Title: Re: Talisker, I
Post by: Vieri Bottazzini on January 21, 2016, 05:39:31 pm
Beautiful shot!

Thank you very much Matt! :D Best,

Vieri
Title: Re: Talisker, I
Post by: luxborealis on January 23, 2016, 06:47:25 pm
With the title Talisker, I was hoping for a wee dram of one of my favourite Scotches. Oh well, I'll have to settle for a superb photograph!
Title: Re: Talisker, I
Post by: James Clark on January 23, 2016, 06:49:38 pm
Yeah.  I like  this!   8)
Title: Re: Talisker, I
Post by: Vieri Bottazzini on January 24, 2016, 04:00:38 am
With the title Talisker, I was hoping for a wee dram of one of my favourite Scotches. Oh well, I'll have to settle for a superb photograph!

Well, you could have a wee dram to go with the image...!  ;D Thank you for your comment, I am glad you liked the (whisky-free) photograph! :)

Yeah.  I like  this!   8)

Thank you very much James, much appreciated :)

Best,

Vieri