Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape Photography Locations => Topic started by: greyscale on January 15, 2016, 12:56:27 pm
-
I hope this isn't a new trend in the USA!.
https://www.outsideonline.com/2048041/who-owns-yosemite
greyscale
-
I think I'd like to own the rights to the name Yosemite and then sell it for 50 million.
-
Here is the DNC's side of the story.
http://www.yosemitepark.com/questions.aspx
-
Yes, it is complicated and NPS advised DNC to get the rights. It just will be sad to change the name of a place like Curry Village that has such interesting history.
-
They also claim to own "Half Dome" and even "Yosemite National Park". Wonder what they will have to change those to. Very laudable corporate greed.
-
If you feel strongly please sign this petition.
petition (http://www.thepetitionsite.com/488/164/638/remove-your-trademark-on-names-in-yosemite-national-park/?taf_id=20557082&cid=fb_na)
-
Soon to be known as Quicken Village, or AT&T half dome...
Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk