Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: rick_k on January 14, 2016, 11:52:11 pm
-
I have printed test prints on Canson Baryta Photographique using Canson's ICC profile and on Moab's Juniper Baryta using their ICC profile. I think I am seeing slightly deeper reds and greens on the Canson than the Moab. Is there software for win10 that I can use to compare the 2 profiles that will confirm my impressions from visual inspection of the printouts?
Thanks,
Rick
-
ColorThink Pro by Chromix. Not sure whether updated to Windows 10 yet, but does for Windows 7 and 8.
-
I have printed test prints on Canson Baryta Photographique using Canson's ICC profile and on Moab's Juniper Baryta using their ICC profile. I think I am seeing slightly deeper reds and greens on the Canson than the Moab. Is there software for win10 that I can use to compare the 2 profiles that will confirm my impressions from visual inspection of the printouts?
Thanks,
Rick
colorlogic.de offered for free the docbee profilemanager, it is now incorporated in their product copra. Download and install copra and no need to purchase the license. The profilemanager is the only function you can use. I use it a lot next to colorthink pro.
-
There is an online 3D gamut viewer at iccview.de. But it only works with version 2 profiles and I think Canson maybe version 4
Brian A
-
ColorThink Pro by Chromix. Not sure whether updated to Windows 10 yet, but does for Windows 7 and 8.
Works fine on Win 10 also (Colorthink Pro 3.0.3)
Bikk
-
I have printed test prints on Canson Baryta Photographique using Canson's ICC profile and on Moab's Juniper Baryta using their ICC profile. I think I am seeing slightly deeper reds and greens on the Canson than the Moab. Is there software for win10 that I can use to compare the 2 profiles that will confirm my impressions from visual inspection of the printouts?
Thanks,
Rick
The best way to check how different profiles/paper look is by comparing softproofs. This works pretty well if the profiles are reasonably accurate. Differences could be due to different gamuts or the way the perceptual intent is mapped. Most likely the latter. These can differ if the vendors use different profilers or settings.
If the papers are similar, and you like the way one profile looks you can keep the same look by doing this in Photoshop:
1. Convert the image to the printer profile of the paper you like with the desired rendering intent you like, presumably Perceptual, as determined earlier from soft proofing. You don't need to have that paper.
2. Convert the image back to your working RGB colorspace using Relative Colorimetric but don't select BPC.
3. Now, you can print the image using your printer profile by selecting Relative Colorimetric. Again, don't select BPC.
Essentially, what this does is map your image into the colors that the profile's Perceptual Intent would produce. By converting back using Relative Colorimetric you retain the actual colors the profile would produce if printed. Since these colors have already been altered by the first profile's Perceptual intent you want to print them to your printer using Relative Colorimetric intent to not further alter colors.
-
PerfX 3D gamut viewer works on Windows 7-10 x64. It allows you to view up to 4 profiles in 3D or 2D
-
I have printed test prints on Canson Baryta Photographique using Canson's ICC profile and on Moab's Juniper Baryta using their ICC profile. I think I am seeing slightly deeper reds and greens on the Canson than the Moab. Is there software for win10 that I can use to compare the 2 profiles that will confirm my impressions from visual inspection of the printouts?
Thanks,
Rick
If you had printed on the same paper using 2 different profiles, then you might want to compare the profiles. But, you used 2 different papers and the visual differences you see are likely due to the papers. And don't you think that the visual inspection is the most important thing? The only reason for profiles is to help you create prints that look good.
-
I think I am seeing slightly deeper reds and greens on the Canson than the Moab. Is there software for win10 that I can use to compare the 2 profiles that will confirm my impressions from visual inspection of the printouts?
You want to take those images, convert them to color lists in ColorThink Pro and plot their gamuts in comparison to the profiles.
-
You want to take those images, convert them to color lists in ColorThink Pro and plot their gamuts in comparison to the profiles.
Why?
-
Why?
It would answer this Colorimetrically: I think I am seeing slightly deeper reds and greens on the Canson than the Moab
-
PerfX 3D gamut viewer works on Windows 7-10 x64. It allows you to view up to 4 profiles in 3D or 2D
I have never been able to download a Windows version of the PerfX veiwer, do you have a link?
Brian A