Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape Photography Locations => Topic started by: polaris-14 on January 13, 2016, 07:49:18 pm
-
I will be in Savannah, GA mid April for work. I am wondering if there is anything interesting to shoot wildlife or landscape wise in the area (don't mind 1-2 hour driving).
-
The cemetery in Savannah is fabulous...lots of old graves with great moss filled trees.
Walking around the old center will give you lots of opportunities to shoot historic buildings.
-
I will definitely check that out.
One of my research last night points to the Savannah National Wildlife Refuge (http://www.fws.gov/refuge/savannah/). Anyone familiar with the habitats?
-
Get a pirot or a canoe and head out into the swamp for a nature adventure the quiet way. Carry a gps or compass in case you get lost.
Or ask around for a guide.
-
If you're up for a drive, look into Cumberland Island National Seashore. It's about 1.5 hours from Savannah and is a very interesting place to shoot. Lots of birds, wild horses, and more.
-
Get a pirot or a canoe and head out into the swamp for a nature adventure the quiet way. Carry a gps or compass in case you get lost.
Or ask around for a guide.
Do you know if there is any professional guide for a swamp adventure?
If you're up for a drive, look into Cumberland Island National Seashore. It's about 1.5 hours from Savannah and is a very interesting place to shoot. Lots of birds, wild horses, and more.
Wow, thanks so much for this. Yeah, I am up for a drive, 1.5 hours is not far at all. I will definitely look into this.