Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: henk on April 28, 2006, 05:21:45 am
-
Hi all,
So far I have used cd and dvd as backup medium for my images files. To know the contend of each dc/dvd I used “ Archive creator” http://www.pictureflow.com/products/archiv...ator/index.html (http://www.pictureflow.com/products/archive_creator/index.html) which gives you a HTML index you store on your pc . I have discovered that after 3 years there is a 10% corrupted images. I now want to switch to HD. Unfortunately the version I have from Archive Creator is 2.0. This version does not support writing to HD. The newer version 3 does. Instead of rushing off to purchase this version I was wondering if any body used some program that also creates HTML indexes from what is on the HD and there for you can search and find out on which HD/ DC/DVD that particular file is.
Thanks, Henk
-
Hi all,
So far I have used cd and dvd as backup medium for my images files. To know the contend of each dc/dvd I used “ Archive creator” http://www.pictureflow.com/products/archiv...ator/index.html (http://www.pictureflow.com/products/archive_creator/index.html) which gives you a HTML index you store on your pc . I have discovered that after 3 years there is a 10% corrupted images. I now want to switch to HD. Unfortunately the version I have from Archive Creator is 2.0. This version does not support writing to HD. The newer version 3 does. Instead of rushing off to purchase this version I was wondering if any body used some program that also creates HTML indexes from what is on the HD and there for you can search and find out on which HD/ DC/DVD that particular file is.
Thanks, Henk
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=63913\")
Henk,
You should have a look into iView. It is reviewed [a href=\"http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/software/asset-management.shtml]here[/url]. You can dowload demo versions of both standard and Pro here (http://www.iview-multimedia.com/downloads/index.php?p=a).
-
Thanks Francois. I have downloaded the software for evaluation are currently reading the manual. Quite a difference in price!!
BTW canLightstoom do the same? I am op PC so cant check.
Henk
-
Lightroom can't do what iView does (catalog off-line images) but the engineers are looking into it. Maybe.