Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Dward on January 13, 2016, 03:04:50 am
-
I am about to set up a new ipf8400 which I bought to replace a dead 8300. The 8300 has 9 of the 12 inks almost full, and I wonder if I can just plug in these partially used ink cartridges (they are the same inks as in the 8400, in the same cartridges) in the initial setup of the new machine. And if so, can I use the 3 mostly used cartridges and have the machine ask for new ones if it needs them during the initial charging.
Thanks for any advice.
David V. Ward, Ph. D.
www.dvward.com
David V. Ward Fine Art Photography
-
You should be ok to use the partially used cartridges in the 8400. The printer uses about 20% of the ink to charge the lines and initialize the print head. Since the printer comes with 330ml upfront (which is plenty to start it up and print for a few months), using a cartridge that is at least half full will be fine (for safety).
The printer and software (low warning notification) will tell you when it's getting around 10% to be prepared for replacing.
-
Thanks for the help!
David V. Ward, Ph. D.
www.dvward.com
-
i did this very thing with zero problems