Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Eric Brody on January 12, 2016, 07:54:19 pm
-
I just made a group of images with my Fuji X T-1 and lovely new 16-55 f/2.8 lens. I use Lightroom/Photoshop CC and did my usual download, to Lightroom as dng. Two of the over 100 photos were uniformly blurred about 1/3 down from the top, on landscape and from the side on a portrait file. Since the lens is new I had a moment of panic and tried to understand how a lens defect could produce such a strange phenomenon. I did some tests with the lens at home and all seemed fine. Since I had not re-formatted the card, I decided to re-download the problem images as a RAF file. I did and they looked fine. I then converted them to dng in Lightroom and they stayed fine. I've heard all the arguments for and against dng, and have chosen to use the format, successfully through a number of digital cameras from D800E, through Olympus, and now with Fuji, with a few point and shoots in between. I'm curious if this has happened to anyone else. I've not been able to reproduce it. I wonder if it is the card, a 64GB Sandisk Extreme PRO, the dng (autocorrect continues to change "dng" to "dang." :-)) conversion or just one of those unexplainable things. Maybe I should just leave them as RAF files? Thanks for any advice.
-
Glad to see it was not the lens as its a wonder. I have always just imported Fuji files as raf
So far no problems. When doing HDR or pano or both in LR with Fuji LR creates a dng but so far no problems.
Paul C
-
Have you tried opening the DNG files in question from the file manager rather than Lr? It's possible that the DNGs in question are corrupted on the drive and a check would eliminate one more variable.