Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Pro Business Discussion => Topic started by: haring on January 12, 2016, 07:42:47 pm
-
It is a very basic question.... How do you upload non iphone (DSLR) images to Instagram? It looks like I can only upload images I have taken with my phone....Is that ture? Can I use an android phone?
I would like to upload my wedding photography work onto Instagram.
Please help!
-
You need to get the photos onto your phone's photo library first, then you should be able to upload to Instagram from the phone. You upload from the same place you shoot in the IG app. When you press the button there should be options for Library, Photo, Video on the bottom.
I use dropbox to move photos onto the iPhone. I'm sure there's a Dropbox (or Google Drive) app for Android too.
-
I'm sure there's a Dropbox (or Google Drive) app for Android too.
There is.
There are also multiple applications which will attempt to upload from LR... most of them end up getting your account suspended. I guess I could try to understand why it's important to Instagram's business model to exclude non-phone images, but I really can't be arsed. They obviously don't succeed, there are huge numbers of photogs passing their images through their apple or android devices, there are LR plug-ins to do the formatting for you... it just makes life a little harder. :o
-
The way I export from Lightroom into Dropbox for Instagram and also when I send someone full rez pictures is to create a publish for hard drive service and in the export location in the setup I point to a folder in my Dropbox folder. So when I publish a photo the resulting JPG get's automatically into the Dropbox folder. So on the iPhone I will open the Dropbox app and save the image(s) in the cameral and then in the Instagram app do the rest. I have not seen any issue with doing it this way, only that it is a bit more work than if could upload to Instagram directly on my Mac.
-
If you are on an iPhone then you can just sync them using iTunes. Personally though I just email them to myself, after adjusting and cropping square.
-
If you are on mac, then use the built in AirDrop feature - you just "drop" the image via AirDrop to your iPhone and it is placed directly in the Photos app for direct use in Instagram.
-
I process, size, email to myself along with the caption and keywords. Makes life a little easier to type the info on a real keyboard. You can also upload from an iPad which is a bit easier than an iPhone or Android.