Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Capture One Q&A => Topic started by: Dennishh on January 11, 2016, 05:53:07 pm

Title: Don't update to Nvidia driver 361.43 in Windows 10
Post by: Dennishh on January 11, 2016, 05:53:07 pm
I just tried updating to the latest Nvidia driver which was completely unsuccessful. Capture one 9.2 had a solorized viewer window. I rolled back to version 353.82 of the driver and all is good again. Lightroom also had a problem but not with the viewer window, just all the thumbnails were invisible.
Title: Re: Don't update to Nvidia driver 361.43 in Windows 10
Post by: E.J. Peiker on January 11, 2016, 05:55:45 pm
Your version numbers are a bit off but, I've been running on 6143 for a couple of weeks with no issues at all and that includes C1 9.0.2
Title: Re: Don't update to Nvidia driver 361.43 in Windows 10
Post by: Dennishh on January 11, 2016, 06:22:07 pm
I double checked the numbers they are correct. It's a GeForce driver for Windows 10. Happy to hear yours is working, 353.82 works great also.
Title: Re: Don't update to Nvidia driver 361.43 in Windows 10
Post by: Alex E on January 12, 2016, 02:00:37 pm
Running here 361.43 on a Win10 machine without issues so far (both LR and C1 are doing all right, with the GPU option enabled). Maybe yours is conflicting with some other driver -- those Nvidias may be finicky. (When I had this same graphics card running under Win 7, it started behaving strangely once, and the cause was Nvidia's audio driver which messed with the system's default driver. When I disabled it, the erratic video behavior ceased...).
Title: Re: Don't update to Nvidia driver 361.43 in Windows 10
Post by: E.J. Peiker on January 13, 2016, 10:05:09 am
I double checked the numbers they are correct. It's a GeForce driver for Windows 10. Happy to hear yours is working, 353.82 works great also.
OK, the driver number on their website actually has the decimal place in a different place than the actual driver once it's installed.  Regardless I now have C1 9.0.2 running on Win 10 and Win 7.1 with that driver and no problems.  So whatever issue your system has with it, it does not appear to be universal and may be specific to your installation.
Title: Re: Don't update to Nvidia driver 361.43 in Windows 10
Post by: sjprg on January 17, 2016, 02:13:34 pm
See my post on erratic C1 above
Title: Re: Don't update to Nvidia driver 361.43 in Windows 10
Post by: Dennishh on January 18, 2016, 01:19:50 pm
Thank You, sounds ominous, I think I'll wait for the next driver to be released. The old version seems to be working just fine.
Title: Re: Don't update to Nvidia driver 361.43 in Windows 10
Post by: Pictus on January 18, 2016, 08:37:59 pm
Before update to a new driver it is best to uninstall with the free DDU http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
to avoid problems with leftovers...