Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: MattBurt on January 11, 2016, 01:37:12 pm

Title: Getting back out
Post by: MattBurt on January 11, 2016, 01:37:12 pm
I broke my collarbone about a month ago and can just now start to get back to some of the kinds of places I prefer to shoot, which is typically off the beaten path a bit. I'm still not able to ski to locations as I have done in the past but the doctor gave the ok to snowshoe since the risk of a fall is much smaller. I would have liked to reach this spot a little faster as the light had left the interesting foreground in the shadows before I got here. But the distant foothills across the valley looked nice in the fading light. I hope to revisit this zone with the sun a little higher next time.
645D & A 200/4
(https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1515/24285962015_d6822e4803_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/D14Up2)IMGP1188-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/D14Up2) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr
Title: Re: Getting back out
Post by: md.rasel on January 12, 2016, 01:37:30 am
yes its better and so nice scene you captured.
Title: Re: Getting back out
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on January 12, 2016, 04:00:10 am
Rapid recovery. Seems like a great place to go back to.
Title: Re: Getting back out
Post by: Chairman Bill on January 12, 2016, 04:34:06 am
Well you timed it just right to capture this scene. It could ahve been worse.
Title: Re: Getting back out
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 12, 2016, 08:44:41 am
It's quite nice. Get fully healthy soon!

Eric
Title: Re: Getting back out
Post by: MattBurt on January 12, 2016, 11:37:07 am
Thanks! I'm pretty happy I'm healing quickly, feeling better and able to be a little more mobile each day!
I figure lugging MF gear around in the snow will help me get my strength back quickly! :)
Title: Re: Getting back out
Post by: sdwilsonsct on January 12, 2016, 02:15:23 pm
Lovely scene. The snow reminds me of my own struggles to get the WB right. I wonder if this is a bit warm.
Get well soon!
Title: Re: Getting back out
Post by: polaris-14 on January 12, 2016, 02:54:00 pm
Get well soon. This is such a lovely scene. Very serene.