Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Jens Peermann on January 11, 2016, 06:51:30 am

Title: Life goes on
Post by: Jens Peermann on January 11, 2016, 06:51:30 am
Made this about an hour before sunrise on Christmas Day in San Miguel, California.

I like this still life with the bench under the bare tree and the blue moon shining through a light fog. The turned off lights and shuttered windows on the building tell a story about hope that didn't realize, a small business that failed, perhaps. But the full moon will continue to return regularly, the tree will have leaves again and afford shade for those who rest on the bench on a hot summer day, and eventually those shutters will come off and the lights be turned on again. Life goes on. :)
Title: Re: Life goes on
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 11, 2016, 10:59:29 am
The thumbnail just looked too dark, but the enlarged image is just right. Wonderful, evocative mood. The color contrast between the moon and the buiding is very important. I don't thik a b&w version would work as well.

Eric
Title: Re: Life goes on
Post by: thierrylegros396 on January 11, 2016, 11:28:32 am
The thumbnail just looked too dark, but the enlarged image is just right. Wonderful, evocative mood. The color contrast between the moon and the buiding is very important. I don't thik a b&w version would work as well.

Eric

+1

Thierry
Title: Re: Life goes on
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on January 11, 2016, 02:54:20 pm
Love it.
Title: Re: Life goes on
Post by: Jens Peermann on January 11, 2016, 08:20:19 pm
I don't thik a b&w version would work as well.

Eric

I'm monochromophobic. I can stand B/W portraits - it actually helps with those. But for any other type of image B/W scares the hell out of me.
Title: Re: Life goes on
Post by: nma on January 11, 2016, 09:24:30 pm
Very interesting image. I can't  imagine it without the  moon.  Nice!
Title: Re: Life goes on
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on January 12, 2016, 04:02:18 am
Good image, well done. The pragmatic guy in me would say that the lights are off and the windows are shuttered just because it is really early:)