Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: geesbert on January 11, 2016, 04:31:16 am
-
On my Actus I am shooting with the Schneider Apo-digitar 90, the Apo-Rodagon-N 80mm, the Apo-Rodagon-D 75mm 1x and the Schneider Apo-Componon HM 60mm. All superb lenses, really sharp and great contrast, hardly any aberrations or other optical faults. The one thing none of theese do ist provide decent bokeh. they all sport 5-blade apertures, which show up as rather nasty out of focus highlights and all of them are really busy in the background.
I understand that those are made for enlarging, where out of focus is not desirable, but the digitar is a LF lens in Copal and even that doesn't provide a round iris.
Is this cost saving on Schneider's and Rodenstock's books or rather Copal's?
Does anyone know of a modern aperture body with more blades? or do I have to hunt for a vintage one?
Or is there even a modern LF lens in the 70-85mm range that is known for nice bokeh?
Thanks
Stefan
-
(http://www.photoinfos.com/Fototechnik/Objektive/Novoflex/Schnellschuss/Novoflex-20130723-007a.jpg)
that would be nice....
-
You can try RZ67 lenses, I have used the 110mm with good round bokeh, much better than 5 blades. If I correctly remember these lenses have 8 blades... It will be nice to use the Contax 645 lenses on the Actus, the 80mm and 120 makro are great with nice bokeh.
rob