Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Michael West on January 10, 2016, 08:05:11 pm

Title: succulent light
Post by: Michael West on January 10, 2016, 08:05:11 pm
(https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1691/24009031320_3323640f41_b.jpg)
Title: Re: succulent light
Post by: pcgpcg on January 10, 2016, 11:03:40 pm
Very nice, but, for me, the bright light on the edge of the cactus in the upper right is distracting and harsh. I would crop that out so that the eye quickly goes to the interesting lighting at the center of the photo and I think you will have a very beautiful and pleasing image - to my eye. :)
Title: Re: succulent light
Post by: Michael West on January 11, 2016, 11:09:16 am
Very nice, but, for me, the bright light on the edge of the cactus in the upper right is distracting and harsh. I would crop that out so that the eye quickly goes to the interesting lighting at the center of the photo and I think you will have a very beautiful and pleasing image - to my eye. :)

I agree. theres not much happening in the top third of the image that is really integral to the whole.

Thank you
Title: Re: succulent light
Post by: francois on January 11, 2016, 11:32:17 am
I must say that I find the lower half of the image more interesting. I would need to spend more time with this photo to be sure but a crop could be an improvement.
Title: Re: succulent light
Post by: brandtb on January 11, 2016, 12:08:19 pm
Really great image all the way around. I would look at it with exposure pulled up a half-stop or so plus shadows a little, and highlights down a little as well...basically to even it out a bit...going toward "Imogen Cunningham" might be one successful approach. Also, from brief look at the JPEG, it looked like there is a good deal of noise/noise banding in shadows? /Brandt