Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: 7h3C47 on January 10, 2016, 04:03:56 pm
-
The US Botanic Gardens is a favorite local spot for me. I got there just before opening this morning, and was able beat the tourist crowd for the most part. Lighting was less than ideal, no doubt about that. But the morning was not a complete waste.
All photos were shot on the Sigma SD15, and 70mm macro lens. Using a shutter remote, I shoot all of my flower images in mirror up mode on a tripod.
I'll likely be back in late February for the Orchid festival; I actually really dislike Orchids as flowers but it'll force me to shoot something I'm less comfortable with which I feel I need. Spring comes pretty early to DC usually, so it won't be too long after that point before I have more selection.
(https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1677/23932126889_5815e94d20_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/CsNpxp)SDIM0556-2 (https://flic.kr/p/CsNpxp) by MR.FEESH (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mr-feesh/), on Flickr
(https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1631/23932129249_eda08d2d2f_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/CsNqf6)SDIM0537 (https://flic.kr/p/CsNqf6) by MR.FEESH (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mr-feesh/), on Flickr
(https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1719/24004374380_8883de8a22_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/CzbGcN)SDIM0532-3 (https://flic.kr/p/CzbGcN) by MR.FEESH (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mr-feesh/), on Flickr
(https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1453/24191783422_1b1642442a_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/CRKdob)SDIM0517-2 (https://flic.kr/p/CRKdob) by MR.FEESH (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mr-feesh/), on Flickr
(https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1573/23673143283_58460feb78_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/C4V3JP)SDIM0503-2 (https://flic.kr/p/C4V3JP) by MR.FEESH (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mr-feesh/), on Flickr
(https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1673/24004380230_2334c41fbe_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/CzbHWE)SDIM0482-3 (https://flic.kr/p/CzbHWE) by MR.FEESH (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mr-feesh/), on Flickr
(https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1666/23671752314_dc536219d3_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/C4MVfA)SDIM0473-3 (https://flic.kr/p/C4MVfA) by MR.FEESH (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mr-feesh/), on Flickr
(https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1519/23719249713_29d013f48f_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/C8Zmzg)SDIM0450 (https://flic.kr/p/C8Zmzg) by MR.FEESH (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mr-feesh/), on Flickr
-
If I had to pick a winner it would be #6, with #3 occupying second place. Both are simple, uncluttered compositions with a prominent subject and a complementary background that does not divert attention from the subject. Both subjects are rendered to hold the viewers interest, with lots of details to explore. Good work!
-
Good series.
-
I cannot decide for a favorite so I'll take the whole set and I love it. Good work!
-
Many thanks for the kind words!
-
The sixth is definitely a winner: simple composition, gorgeous color palette, and nice bokeh. Also, thanks for reminding me about the upcoming orchid festival at USBG. I've missed it for several years.