Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: Josh-H on January 10, 2016, 06:15:10 am

Title: BenQ SW2700PT 27 inch Adobe RGB Monitor Review
Post by: Josh-H on January 10, 2016, 06:15:10 am
I have just completed a review of the new BenQ SW2700pt (http://blog.jholko.com/2016/01/10/benq-sw2700pt-27-inch-adobe-rgb-monitor-review/) Adobe RGB wide Gamut Monitor - It offers exceptional performance and value for money.

Enjoy.
Title: Re: BenQ SW2700PT 27 inch Adobe RGB Monitor Review
Post by: GrahamBy on January 11, 2016, 05:29:25 am
Thanks Josh, nice work. Since I happen to be in proof-reading mode just now, I'll note that "Hardware Calibration with accuracy color" is a slightly strange expression, and that it might be useful to specify which calibration devices can be used (I think X-rite only???)
Title: Re: BenQ SW2700PT 27 inch Adobe RGB Monitor Review
Post by: Josh-H on January 11, 2016, 05:30:37 am
Thanks Graham - X-Rite and Spider 5 are compatible.
Title: Re: BenQ SW2700PT 27 inch Adobe RGB Monitor Review
Post by: keithcooper on January 11, 2016, 08:56:51 am
Excellent monitor - I've been using one here for a few months

http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/reviews/monitor/benq-sw2700.html

I had a few glitches with the calibration software to start with, but it's definitely been improved in the latest version (Mac)

I have a 'day to day' calibration at 6500K  and a 'dull proofing' one at 5200K (lower brightness, much closer to my print viewing) and switch with the control puck. Only thing I have to remember is to manually change the profile in my Mac Sys prefs so that software knows what the monitor is set to.

Not a feature I use very often but helpful to have.
Title: Re: BenQ SW2700PT 27 inch Adobe RGB Monitor Review
Post by: bjanes on January 11, 2016, 09:50:20 am
I have just completed a review of the new BenQ SW2700pt (http://blog.jholko.com/2016/01/10/benq-sw2700pt-27-inch-adobe-rgb-monitor-review/) Adobe RGB wide Gamut Monitor - It offers exceptional performance and value for money.

Enjoy.

This monitor appears to be very cost effective, but how does it compare to the NEC PA272W (US $1300 at B&H (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1006641-REG/nec_pa272w_bk_multisync_pro_27_gb_r.html/prm/alsVwDtl))?

I have the older 24 inch regular resolution wide gamut NEC with Spectraview and have been very happy with it and am reluctant to abandon NEC.

Bill
Title: Re: BenQ SW2700PT 27 inch Adobe RGB Monitor Review
Post by: AlterEgo on January 11, 2016, 11:34:19 am
I have the older 24 inch regular resolution wide gamut NEC with Spectraview and have been very happy with it and am reluctant to abandon NEC.
you can monitor NEC own outlet they sell refurbished monitors 2+ times cheaper than retail...