Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: nma on January 10, 2016, 02:35:45 am

Title: The Stata Center @ MIT
Post by: nma on January 10, 2016, 02:35:45 am
Architectural shots are not my forte but I thought I would give this a creation of architect  Frank Gehry, The Stata Center at MIT, a try.  Thoughts?
(https://landscape-gallery.smugmug.com/photos/i-5JxXsL4/0/L/i-5JxXsL4-L.jpg)
Title: Re: The Stata Center @ MIT
Post by: brandtb on January 10, 2016, 09:40:58 am
Great subject and framing. The colors...blues and the yellow/tans very nice together with the silver/gray. I don't think this processing is successful though. It gets a little too "weighty/dull" down at bottom under the overhangs.  You might look at it with the with shadows/blacks pulled up considerably... making it more flat...possibly reduce contrast/clarity locally to accentuate that even more. Probably worth shooting again...especially in flat light conditions. /B
Title: Re: The Stata Center @ MIT
Post by: Jens Peermann on January 10, 2016, 09:26:20 pm
Perspective correction must be a nightmare on this one. ;)
Title: Re: The Stata Center @ MIT
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on January 11, 2016, 04:43:18 am
The building itself is the star of the shot, so I find the image is very good. I do find the colour in the sky a bit strange though.
Title: Re: The Stata Center @ MIT
Post by: francois on January 11, 2016, 05:07:57 am
I like it a lot! Yes, as Paulo wrote above, the sky is kind of weird but its color goes well with the rest of the image. The geometry reminds me of the F-117 Nighthawk stealth fighter…