Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: BAB on January 09, 2016, 06:11:54 pm

Title: Yosemite April 23-27 2016 if your going
Post by: BAB on January 09, 2016, 06:11:54 pm
If you plan to be shooting in Yosemite April 23-27th I'm looking for a few people to shoot with. I'll be shooting sunrise and sunset and some daylight. Arriving 23 afternoon leaving 27th after sunrise.
If your interested in getting together please PM me "this place amazes me never imagined such great images from one location."

Thanks
Title: Re: Yosemite April 23-27 2016 if your going
Post by: sierraman on January 12, 2016, 10:06:27 am
April this year is likely to be restricted to Yosemite Valley due to the rather good winter.
Last year the Dogwoods started blooming in April, this year is looking much cooler so my guess is they won't come in until early May.  :)
Title: Re: Yosemite April 23-27 2016 if your going
Post by: Isaac on January 14, 2016, 07:44:59 pm
April this year is likely to be restricted to Yosemite Valley due to the rather good winter.

Restricted?

fwiw "Rainfall levels in the Bay Area are lower compared to last season (http://kron4.com/2016/01/10/rainfall-levels-in-the-bay-area-are-lower-compared-to-last-season/)"
Title: Re: Yosemite April 23-27 2016 if your going
Post by: BAB on January 25, 2016, 03:36:18 pm
Well i cant just go there whenever, I was very lucky to get a decent hotel room on those dates. Not that I mind camping (right!) but traveling with the wife she need something to do besides go out in the bush before dark and wait for sunrise.

So whether or not April 23-27th this year is the best time or not I make the best of it...could also go first week of May and get rain everyday then what? I have one tentative commitment with one shooter not definite yet so still looking for some company.
Title: Re: Yosemite April 23-27 2016 if your going
Post by: sierraman on January 25, 2016, 10:19:36 pm
Well i cant just go there whenever, I was very lucky to get a decent hotel room on those dates. Not that I mind camping (right!) but traveling with the wife she need something to do besides go out in the bush before dark and wait for sunrise.

So whether or not April 23-27th this year is the best time or not I make the best of it...could also go first week of May and get rain everyday then what? I have one tentative commitment with one shooter not definite yet so still looking for some company.
The later part of April will be a fine time to be in Yosemite. As I said in my previous post that the Dogwoods may not be in bloom yet but with the solid snow pack we have right now all of the water falls in the valley should be going strong. Again, with all of the snow this year, the high country of Yosemite (Tioga Pass to Crane Flat) will be off-limits until sometime in May. One thing to keep in mind is that the full moon is on April 22nd so for a couple of nights after that you will have a chance to do some night photography. The moon is so bight in the valley it almost looks like daytime. Try photographing Yosemite Falls (upper/lower) and get a "Moonbow" if the moonlight is bright. Also, you want some rain that time of year as it won't last long and makes for great images as the storm clears.  ;)
Title: Re: Yosemite April 23-27 2016 if your going
Post by: Isaac on January 25, 2016, 10:42:19 pm
Again, with all of the snow this year, the high country of Yosemite (Tioga Pass to Crane Flat) will be off-limits until sometime in May.

I believe the Tioga Pass road usually is closed until sometime in May -- it was last year and the year before (http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/tiogaopen.htm) and …
Title: Re: Yosemite April 23-27 2016 if your going
Post by: BAB on January 26, 2016, 09:41:59 pm
Sierraman
Thanks for the tip, that's a great idea, any favorite morning shot you would try for during those dates. Also if your inclined to get out and about then pm me!

Thanks

Barry
Title: Re: Yosemite April 23-27 2016 if your going
Post by: sierraman on January 27, 2016, 11:49:41 am
pm coming your way. :)
Title: Re: Yosemite April 23-27 2016 if your going
Post by: Jens Peermann on January 27, 2016, 08:33:54 pm
Yosemite is the place where I go when I'm not going anywhere. Bring this up again shortly before you go and I'll see if there are open spots on my calendar.