Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: ppmax2 on January 08, 2016, 02:52:01 pm

Title: 5K iMac Display DCI-P3
Post by: ppmax2 on January 08, 2016, 02:52:01 pm
Hi--

I've been reading up on the new iMac:
http://www.astramael.com
http://blog.conradchavez.com/2015/10/26/a-look-at-the-p3-color-gamut-of-the-imac-display-retina-late-2015/

Does anyone here have any experience using this new display? I would love to hear some real-world experiences using this new wide-gamut display. I would also love to see a comparison of Apple's P3 gamut vs. (for example) Canon's Premium Luster paper profile gamut.

thx
PP
Title: Re: 5K iMac Display DCI-P3
Post by: kers on January 08, 2016, 04:19:10 pm
Here a very positive review of the imac %K and its display;

http://macperformanceguide.com/topics/topic-IMac.html
Title: Re: 5K iMac Display DCI-P3
Post by: ppmax2 on January 14, 2016, 07:27:25 pm
Thanks again for that link. It was a good read.

Just want to bump this thread up...is anyone on LuLa using the new iMac 5K?

thx
PP