Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Diego Pigozzo on January 07, 2016, 04:58:45 pm

Title: Assisi
Post by: Diego Pigozzo on January 07, 2016, 04:58:45 pm
Four shot taken two and half years ago.
Title: Re: Assisi
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 07, 2016, 11:21:31 pm
Having had one lovely visit to Assissi about ten years ago, I find these images bring back fond memories of that beautiful city.
My favorites of this group are the first two.

Eric
Title: Re: Assisi
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on January 08, 2016, 03:50:08 am
Having had one lovely visit to Assissi about ten years ago, I find these images bring back fond memories of that beautiful city.
My favorites of this group are the first two.

Interesting. Mine's the fourth.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Assisi
Post by: francois on January 08, 2016, 05:45:00 am
The third and the fourth photos are the most striking. I prefer the last one. The point of view is nice because it shows how massive are all those building and the sky is just as dramatic as in the third.
The first is also interesting but not as pleasing as the last ones. The second shot, with the startrails isn't bad at all in the end, I prefer the more classical vistas.
Title: Re: Assisi
Post by: Chairman Bill on January 08, 2016, 06:31:34 am
I like four. Three is OK, but seems a tad 'muddy'. Too uniformally grey. Some judicious dogging & burning could maybe bring out some of the hidden detail.
Title: Re: Assisi
Post by: armand on January 08, 2016, 03:51:05 pm
Same here, prefer the fourth even as it is a more classic view. It feels more balanced and the toning goes well with the atmosphere.
Title: Re: Assisi
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on January 09, 2016, 12:34:10 am
Fantastic place and mood in the final image.
Title: Re: Assisi
Post by: Zorki5 on January 09, 2016, 08:02:52 am
My favorites are second and fourth, with fourth having slight edge... BUT...

Something tells me that if we were looking at (big enough) prints, second would be very hard to beat.
Title: Re: Assisi
Post by: BobDavid on January 09, 2016, 11:51:54 am
2 and 4. #4 reminds me of the style of black and white magazine photography prevalent in the days of Life and mid-century National Geographic. I like #2 for it's star trails and crisp style. Have you tried correcting the perspective on the building in #2? I think it will be a stronger picture if the building isn't leaning back as much.
Title: Re: Assisi
Post by: Diego Pigozzo on January 11, 2016, 07:15:40 am
Thanks all you, guys: I'm happy you like the shots (well, some of them :) )