Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: marcgoldring on January 07, 2016, 07:32:30 am

Title: Wireless printing on R3000
Post by: marcgoldring on January 07, 2016, 07:32:30 am
Trying to troubleshoot this problem - any advice??

R3000 has been printing wirelessly for probably 2 years. Stopped a week ago. I reset it on the network and reset the network. I wiped all the printers from Printers and Scanners (Mac OS X 10.10.5) and re-installed them. Still stopped. It prints fine via USB (and in face seems to print faster than when it printed wirelessly). I suspect it's a network problem and have been arguing with Comcast for a new Gateway since it also seems to intermittently drop (or at least slow) the signal. BUT my all-in-one printer, on the same wireless network, works fine wirelessly, from several different computers.

If I can convince Comcast to send me a new unit, that would be great. But until then, can you see any issue that would be internal to the printer than could cause this? And, if so, what to do?

Thanks in advance!

Marco
Title: Re: Wireless printing on R3000
Post by: I.T. Supplies on January 07, 2016, 11:11:30 am
You may need to update the software version of the printer if it's available thru Epson directly.  Or try to see if the IP address reads on your computer.  Each printer provides an IP address when set up so it's distinguished from other printers to work properly.  USB normally is a direct connect and will work properly unless there is an issue with the cord or computer/printer.  Technology is fun, isn't it!

Another option is to check the status from the EpsonNET Config Utility that is available from their site (under Administration Tools)-
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=173163&infoType=Downloads&platform=OSF_M_X10

If none of these works and the "new" router doesn't fix the problem, it would be best to contact Epson's technical depart for assistance.  562-276-7272
Title: Re: Wireless printing on R3000
Post by: hanzo on January 08, 2016, 02:30:23 am
how many router do you have at home? try to set up the printer using the same router your desktop is using.
Title: Re: Wireless printing on R3000
Post by: marcgoldring on January 08, 2016, 06:40:42 am
Thanks! I've tried to update the drivers but I appear to have the current versions. I've checked the IP address and I can see the printer on the web.

Hanzo - you may be on to something here about the router. I've got an Apple Airport Extreme connected to a Comcast gateway - which includes both a modem and a router. It is set up so that the gateway's router is turned off (by Comcast). It's called being in "bridge mode." I've no idea why this would cause a problem - especially since my other wireless printer works without issue.

While patience is not among my strengths, I will just wait for the new gateway and install that and see if the problem disappears. In the meantime, I've got a long USB cord that effectively avoids if not solves the problem!

Thanks to you both for your thinking on this!

Marco