Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Kiwi Paul on January 06, 2016, 06:17:57 pm

Title: Aberdeen sunrise
Post by: Kiwi Paul on January 06, 2016, 06:17:57 pm
A couple of shots taken on NY day of sunrise in Aberdeen harbour.

Paul

(https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5789/23477818323_ec038a2697_b.jpg)

(https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1499/23476376854_4370bf743d_b.jpg)
Title: Re: Aberdeen sunrise
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on January 07, 2016, 03:54:53 am
I prefer the first one, for the cleaner composition.
Title: Re: Aberdeen sunrise
Post by: sdwilsonsct on January 07, 2016, 08:58:35 am
I prefer the first one, for the cleaner composition.

...and powerful colour contrast and composition.
Title: Re: Aberdeen sunrise
Post by: Jens Peermann on January 09, 2016, 07:27:30 am
Another vote for the first one for the solitude it shows. The second one has too many distracting elements - parking lot, cars, boat, etc.
Title: Re: Aberdeen sunrise
Post by: the_marshall_101 on January 09, 2016, 03:34:57 pm
Nice.  I'd go down half a stop or so on the exposure and see how that looks.  The colours are a bit pale at the moment (for me anyway).
Title: Re: Aberdeen sunrise
Post by: francois on January 11, 2016, 02:51:51 am
Both images are really nice but the first one is outstanding.
Title: Re: Aberdeen sunrise
Post by: markadams99 on January 13, 2016, 09:09:17 am
#2 - better sky, more interesting composition, room to breath, more consistent darks, more controlled highlights.
Title: Re: Aberdeen sunrise
Post by: polaris-14 on January 13, 2016, 06:02:10 pm
Agreed with #1. #2 has a pretty boring top half, I would say.