Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Bob_B on January 05, 2016, 08:40:43 pm

Title: SiS: Snail in Sphagnum
Post by: Bob_B on January 05, 2016, 08:40:43 pm
I recently received a gift of a Canon 100 mm f/2.8L IS USM lens and took it for a spin a few days ago. Most of my lenses are zooms, so using a prime was a real treat. I can easy see this lens becoming one of my workhorse lens. Here is a photo taken during a recent trek. I hope you find it interesting.

  Bob
Title: Re: SiS: Snail in Sphagnum
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on January 06, 2016, 03:52:41 am
What a great gift to receive:)

Nice macro shot, with good colours and details.
Title: Re: SiS: Snail in Sphagnum
Post by: francois on January 06, 2016, 09:17:26 am
Now, that's a nice and useful Christmas gift  :)
Title: Re: SiS: Snail in Sphagnum
Post by: John Koerner on January 06, 2016, 09:54:50 am
Nice :)
Title: Re: SiS: Snail in Sphagnum
Post by: Bob_B on January 06, 2016, 11:26:50 am
Thanks. Yes. One heck of a nice gift.  :) (I've had my eye on this lens for months, and couldn't be happier with its performance.)
Title: Re: SiS: Snail in Sphagnum
Post by: thierrylegros396 on January 06, 2016, 12:59:42 pm
Nice :)

+1

Thierry
Title: Re: SiS: Snail in Sphagnum
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on January 07, 2016, 01:03:45 pm
Well done, Bob!
Title: Re: SiS: Snail in Sphagnum
Post by: nma on January 07, 2016, 06:29:01 pm
Nice work on this.  I like the way you controlled the DOF. How was that ccompished?
Title: Re: SiS: Snail in Sphagnum
Post by: Bob_B on January 07, 2016, 07:28:34 pm
Nice work on this.  I like the way you controlled the DOF. How was that ccompished?

No magic, just f/6.3. Thank you for viewing.