Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: afterimages on January 05, 2016, 11:36:51 am

Title: P800 (ultra) premium luster
Post by: afterimages on January 05, 2016, 11:36:51 am
Hi all. First day with my new P800 (coming from malfunctioning PRO-100).

Been printing for many years but I may need to ask a dumb question. The printer came with Premium Luster Photo Paper (250). Might as well use it for familiarity, but I see NO PROFILE. Only one for a Ultra Premium blah, blah, blah.  Do I use that one? A Search didn't seem to provide an exact answer.

I plan to use up some Canson Edition Etching (letter) and some Platine (13x19). I want to decide on one or two papers, but on the same side of the MK vs PK battle. I like the Platine a lot.

Anyway...thanks
rick
Title: Re: P800 (ultra) premium luster
Post by: howardm on January 05, 2016, 11:58:12 am
The paper supplied is usually reserved for head alignment tasks.  That said, there really should not be a problem using it with the other profile.  They often rename papers and those lustre papers are very similar in response.
Title: Re: P800 (ultra) premium luster
Post by: I.T. Supplies on January 05, 2016, 01:02:26 pm
The paper that the printer comes with can be used for head alignment and doing a few prints (depending on printer).  Ultra Luster would be the best luster setting; whether it's Ultra Premium Luster or Premium Luster or similar.  Even with Canson luster/satin or Platine Fiber, you can use the same profile or download the profile from Canson's website which is really up to the user.

Atlex.com