Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: Mike Sellers on January 05, 2016, 11:32:36 am

Title: Pentax 645Z Memory Cards
Post by: Mike Sellers on January 05, 2016, 11:32:36 am
Those of you shooting with this camera are using which brand of memory card? I have one on the way.
Mike
Title: Re: Pentax 645Z Memory Cards
Post by: alatreille on January 05, 2016, 12:07:20 pm
Mike,

I've been using Lexar Professional SDXC Class 10.  A mix of 400 and 600x, 32/64 and 126GB
Lexar have always been great for me. 

They've been doing great.  A little slow to download, but there's big files in there!

Happy to answer any other questions you have. 

Andrew
Title: Re: Pentax 645Z Memory Cards
Post by: Joe Towner on January 05, 2016, 04:23:10 pm
I'm using SanDisk mostly and added a ADATA recently.  It doesn't seem to care about the card as much so stick with a top vendor, just don't use the U3 cards as they don't work.
Title: Re: Pentax 645Z Memory Cards
Post by: gavincato on January 05, 2016, 04:29:39 pm
I use the 256gb 95 MB/s sandisk extreme pro's.

1 in each slot.

Does anyone know if the 645z can write faster than 95 MB/s if I got a faster card?

Title: Re: Pentax 645Z Memory Cards
Post by: Joe Towner on January 06, 2016, 12:14:58 am
Only thing faster than the 95MB cards are the 150/250/280MB UHS-II U3 cards and those are a known not to work.  I forget that there are UHS-I and UHS-II cards both labeled 'U3'.  I know, the buffer seems small when bursting out a lot of frames...
Title: Re: Pentax 645Z Memory Cards
Post by: Mike Sellers on January 06, 2016, 09:01:47 pm
thanks for all the tips!