Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Diego Pigozzo on January 04, 2016, 07:07:04 pm

Title: Sirmione
Post by: Diego Pigozzo on January 04, 2016, 07:07:04 pm
Two old shots of Sirmione (Garda's Lake, Italy), taken at the same place of moonlit (http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=101805.msg834955#msg834955)
Title: Re: Sirmione
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 04, 2016, 10:11:10 pm
Second is nice, the first one is really nice. Some folks would probably prefer a little less vignetting, but I'm OK with it.
Title: Re: Sirmione
Post by: francois on January 05, 2016, 06:44:34 am
The first shot is very wintry, I feel cold but I like it a lot. The second is also nice although I prefer the first one.
Title: Re: Sirmione
Post by: Diego Pigozzo on January 05, 2016, 07:55:29 am
Thanks you both.

About the vignetting, Eric is right: is too much but on my home monitor I find it difficult calibrating the right exposure (because it's a crappy monitor) :)
Title: Re: Sirmione
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 05, 2016, 04:21:30 pm
I, too, always blame the equipment when an image didn't turn out the way I wanted. ("My camera must have moved," not "I must have moved!"   ;D

I'll have to add the "crappy monitor" to my (long) list of excuses.   ;)

-Eric

P.S. It's still a very fine photo. Diego.
Title: Re: Sirmione
Post by: Diego Pigozzo on January 07, 2016, 07:20:23 am
I'll have to add the "crappy monitor" to my (long) list of excuses.   ;)
The proverbial "cheap excuse" :)
Title: Re: Sirmione
Post by: Diego Pigozzo on January 13, 2016, 12:17:06 pm
Another old shot :)
Title: Re: Sirmione
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on January 14, 2016, 03:00:45 pm
Another old shot :)

I like that. It's a shame the two birds in the centre overlap: it looks odd. The red feet of the next bird to the left are striking!

Jeremy