Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: MattBurt on January 03, 2016, 01:37:22 am
-
I'm getting more mobile as my shoulder and ribs heal so today I went for a little photo outing while my family skied at the resort.
It was cold; the high was 0 F but the light was good and the air was sparkly.
Sun dog over the Black Canyon
645D & 45-85/4.5
(https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1578/24058745101_71413ddc6d_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/CDZmJ2)IMGP1019-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/CDZmJ2) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr
Canyon Pano
645D & A 35/3.5 (x4)
(https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1654/23513145574_dfedd257a4_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/BPM1ZC)IMGP1068-Pano-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/BPM1ZC) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr
Still some open water at the West end of Blue Mesa Reservoir which produces great steam when it's this cold.
645D & ! 35/3.5
(https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1604/24033252332_c323396b8b_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/CBJGBw)IMGP1111-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/CBJGBw) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr
-
Good stuff in there!
Sorry to hear about your injuries BTW.
Tony Jay
-
Good stuff in there!
Sorry to hear about your injuries BTW.
Tony Jay
From me, too.
-
Very Good set.
Have a Nice Day.
Thierry
-
I like #3, for the added splash of colour.
-
A good set and my favorite is the second one (Canyon Pano) with the golden reflection in the river. It looks really cold.
Get well soon! [was it a mountain bike accident?]
-
Thanks! It was a ski accident. I hit some rocks camouflaged under a dusting of snow which made me fall forward into more rocks on my shoulder. Certainly could have been worse but a broken collar bone, cracked scapula, and two broken ribs is pretty uncomfortable for the first week or two. Now I'm out of that stage and can pick up my camera bag and walk a little bit which has helped preserve my sanity (and my wife's!).
-
Thanks! It was a ski accident. I hit some rocks camouflaged under a dusting of snow which made me fall forward into more rocks on my shoulder. Certainly could have been worse but a broken collar bone, cracked scapula, and two broken ribs is pretty uncomfortable for the first week or two. Now I'm out of that stage and can pick up my camera bag and walk a little bit which has helped preserve my sanity (and my wife's!).
Sounds really serious but it's good to see that you can use your camera and get some distraction from your injuries.