Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: HSakols on January 02, 2016, 01:07:39 pm

Title: Why do my Flicker images looks sharper than my embedded?
Post by: HSakols on January 02, 2016, 01:07:39 pm
Hi,
I notice on my last post that the images linked directly to flicker are better than the ones imbedded in my post.  Why is this? 
Hugh
Title: Re: Why do my Flicker images looks sharper than my embedded?
Post by: Michael West on January 02, 2016, 01:22:14 pm
Hi,
I notice on my last post that the images linked directly to flicker are better than the ones imbedded in my post.  Why is this? 
Hugh

I have had other posters mention that it appeared that flickr had over sharpened images I had stored there.

Apparently they do sharpen  the reduced sizes. That seems a bit presumptuous to my way  of thinking, given that any changes to an image should be the images owner's choice.
Title: Re: Why do my Flicker images looks sharper than my embedded?
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on January 02, 2016, 01:22:25 pm
Would be nice to illustrate it. It is pretty easy to do so. Just use the same image, with the same dimensions, and post it twice in the same post: once from Flickr, the other attached.
Title: Re: Why do my Flicker images looks sharper than my embedded?
Post by: HSakols on January 02, 2016, 01:40:06 pm
Quote
Would be nice to illustrate it. It is pretty easy to do so. Just use the same image, with the same dimensions, and post it twice in the same post: once from Flickr, the other attached.
I went ahead and attached 3 of them.  I guess there isn't much of a difference. 

Hugh
Title: Re: Why do my Flicker images looks sharper than my embedded?
Post by: HSakols on January 02, 2016, 01:54:48 pm
No the attached image of the oak trees is a better rendering. 
Title: Re: Why do my Flicker images looks sharper than my embedded?
Post by: drmike on January 02, 2016, 02:48:10 pm
I thought Flickr applied its own sharpening to images?