Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Michael West on December 31, 2015, 06:25:59 pm

Title: Marooned Fishing Boat Redux
Post by: Michael West on December 31, 2015, 06:25:59 pm
I believe I may have posted one version of this image previously   Reprocessed with lightroom CC,



(https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1639/24010437591_3a3055a1a1_b.jpg)
Title: Re: Marooned Fishing Boat Redux
Post by: Jaemie on January 03, 2016, 04:07:22 pm
Very nicely done. Sonoma County? I lived in Marin and Sonoma for many years; your rendering of the salt marsh, fog, and hills is very evocative.

The sky adds to the sense of vastness. If I had taken this, I might have swapped sky for the reflection of the boat in the slough and made the water a foreground. But I like all that empty sky. Good photo!
Title: Re: Marooned Fishing Boat Redux
Post by: Michael West on January 03, 2016, 06:42:50 pm
Very nicely done. Sonoma County? I lived in Marin and Sonoma for many years; your rendering of the salt marsh, fog, and hills is very evocative.

The sky adds to the sense of vastness. If I had taken this, I might have swapped sky for the reflection of the boat in the slough and made the water a foreground. But I like all that empty sky. Good photo!

I made weekly trips out to Inverness on Tomales Bay and inevitably found the light somewhat different than on previous visits.

This particular image was shot during a period pf fairly low tide

there are a smattering of the many many phtographs ive made of the Ptr.Reyes located here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/41811370@N02/albums/72157623087416526/with/4677094509/

 
Title: Re: Marooned Fishing Boat Redux
Post by: Jaemie on January 05, 2016, 12:56:41 am
Inverness, Tomales Bay, all of Pt. Reyes ...some of my favourite places. Nice work!
Title: Re: Marooned Fishing Boat Redux
Post by: Michael West on January 05, 2016, 07:26:48 pm
Inverness, Tomales Bay, all of Pt. Reyes ...some of my favourite places. Nice work!

The range of images Ive made of that boat escapes  easy description . a series with a vulture perched on the aft of the boat..and everal with a small child walking on on a slim piece of relatively dry ground to get up close and personal.

this is perhaps the oddity of my whole collection ot "pt.Reyes" photos.

(http://i.imgur.com/k6tXNhg.jpg)