Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Glenn Bartley on December 30, 2015, 11:55:27 am

Title: One Seriously Beautiful Quacker! (+ best of 2015)
Post by: Glenn Bartley on December 30, 2015, 11:55:27 am
This Chiloe Wigeon from the Falkland Islands was absolutely a stunner!

To see the rest of my favourites from 2015 please see - http://www.glennbartley.com/naturephotography/articles/The%20Best%20of%202015.html

Happy New Year!

Glenn

(http://glennbartley.com/To%20Post/Chiloe%20Wigeon%20-%2001.jpg)
Title: Re: One Seriously Beautiful Quacker! (+ best of 2015)
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on January 04, 2016, 05:37:23 am
Can't believe there are no replies! Thanks for sharing this set.
Title: Re: One Seriously Beautiful Quacker! (+ best of 2015)
Post by: SanderKikkert on January 04, 2016, 06:15:47 am
Wonderful Glenn, what subtle beauty. Have a Great 2016. Rgds. Sander
Title: Re: One Seriously Beautiful Quacker! (+ best of 2015)
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 04, 2016, 09:21:53 am
The "Best of 2015" set would be a stunning "Lifetime best" for most photographers.

It wasn't until I got to the Alaska section that I first saw any birds that I have personelly encountered -- mostly in Iceland in 1974.

Thanks for sharing these, Glenn!
Title: Re: One Seriously Beautiful Quacker! (+ best of 2015)
Post by: HSakols on January 05, 2016, 12:47:23 pm
Wow! That is a stunning set of images.  I definitely know the Acorn Woodpecker that makes holes in the siding of my home.  What a treasure hunt!
Title: Re: One Seriously Beautiful Quacker! (+ best of 2015)
Post by: MattBurt on January 05, 2016, 12:57:34 pm
Lovely photos. I often don't seek bird photos because it seems too many are purely documentary and don't pay enough (IMO) attention to aesthetics. But yours are all nicely lit and well composed in addition to being documentary. That's very appealing and a pleasure to look at. Great work!