Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Jens Peermann on December 29, 2015, 09:41:30 am

Title: Barn in the Rolling Hills
Post by: Jens Peermann on December 29, 2015, 09:41:30 am
Taken on Christmas day in the rolling hills north of Morro Bay, Calif. It's definitely the best Christmas gift I got this year.

Sony A7, 100/2 ZE @ f/5.6
Title: Re: Barn in the Rolling Hills
Post by: HSakols on December 29, 2015, 09:55:20 am
Nice to see a green California!
Title: Re: Barn in the Rolling Hills
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 29, 2015, 10:05:40 am
Gorgeous light.
Title: Re: Barn in the Rolling Hills
Post by: Richard Pearlman on December 29, 2015, 11:22:48 pm
Beautiful light and great composition!
Title: Re: Barn in the Rolling Hills
Post by: Chairman Bill on December 30, 2015, 01:40:56 am
Yep, gorgeous about sums it up
Title: Re: Barn in the Rolling Hills
Post by: Tony Jay on December 30, 2015, 04:19:40 am
I can only add my voice to the chorus.

Beautiful!

Tony Jay
Title: Re: Barn in the Rolling Hills
Post by: stamper on December 30, 2015, 04:36:03 am
I wasn't sure about the colour balance at first. However I have had a second look and I now realize it is a perfectly fine image. It was worth looking at a second time.
Title: Re: Barn in the Rolling Hills
Post by: Stephen Girimont on December 30, 2015, 08:31:31 am
Wonderful scene. Does seem a tad greenish on my monitor.
Title: Re: Barn in the Rolling Hills
Post by: Mjollnir on December 30, 2015, 09:23:48 am
Nice.   I'm know that area really well and am scratching my head as to the location.

If I can ask, is it off 46 west?
Title: Re: Barn in the Rolling Hills
Post by: Jens Peermann on December 30, 2015, 09:39:41 am
If I can ask, is it off 46 west?

Yes, about 1 or 2 miles east of where it terminates into Highway 1, looking south.
Title: Re: Barn in the Rolling Hills
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on December 30, 2015, 12:52:10 pm
Very fine. Almost like Tuscany.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Barn in the Rolling Hills
Post by: Mjollnir on December 30, 2015, 01:55:54 pm
Yes, about 1 or 2 miles east of where it terminates into Highway 1, looking south.

Ah, thanks!   I know exactly the barn/place you're talking about.
Title: Re: Barn in the Rolling Hills
Post by: mvsoske on December 30, 2015, 04:20:13 pm
Very soothing.

Mark
Title: Re: Barn in the Rolling Hills
Post by: sarrasani on January 01, 2016, 07:46:24 pm
warm, soft tones/colours, superb sharpness, excellent subject and composition.
a pleasure to see.
Sandro
Title: Re: Barn in the Rolling Hills
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on January 04, 2016, 05:36:23 am
Very good light and composition.