Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Michael West on December 28, 2015, 09:15:37 pm

Title: the apparition
Post by: Michael West on December 28, 2015, 09:15:37 pm
 I did not see much in the way of recognizable detail when capturing the image

(http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5666/24009649596_2e6d0fcd29_o.jpg)
Title: Re: the apparition
Post by: Richowens on December 28, 2015, 11:13:59 pm


That's spooky.
Title: Re: the apparition
Post by: Michael West on December 28, 2015, 11:23:53 pm

That's spooky.

Indeed it was. As theres little time to think about anything but light, geometry and focus when photographing the rapidly changing shapes of soap bubbles. all I knew was that I had capture  another interesting image.so seeing this "apparition" came as quite a surprise.
Title: Re: the apparition
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 29, 2015, 12:07:42 am

That's spooky.
+10.

Neat!
Title: Re: the apparition
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on December 29, 2015, 07:14:31 am
Actually, very recognizable. This is a screen capture from the Terminator movie, no?
Title: Re: the apparition
Post by: Michael West on December 29, 2015, 10:49:28 am
Actually, very recognizable. This is a screen capture from the Terminator movie, no?

given that I very often made several hundred exposures at a stretch when photographing these bubbles..I often misse the "import" of what Id captured until viewing the images in a monitor.

I knew this image was on a drive here somewhere but had lost track of it when my other Lightroom Catalogs died with my old computer. To be honest I was rather excited and somewhat startled..... when I re -encountered it.

It does for all the world look like an illustration
Title: Re: the apparition
Post by: Michael West on December 29, 2015, 10:50:37 am
+10.

Neat!

I have thus far resisted the urge to post this to any pseudo science sites or forums...
Title: Re: the apparition
Post by: Rob C on December 29, 2015, 10:55:12 am
Terminator or antenatal.

Safer with he who will be back!

Rob C
Title: Re: the apparition
Post by: wmchauncey on December 29, 2015, 03:34:10 pm
Quote
This is a screen capture from the Terminator movie
The CGI technique was introduced in "The Abyss"...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNLtPLFECNw
Title: Re: the apparition
Post by: BobDavid on December 29, 2015, 11:09:49 pm
It is spooky.
Title: Re: the apparition
Post by: MattBurt on December 30, 2015, 01:44:08 pm
Great!
Title: Re: the apparition
Post by: Michael West on December 31, 2015, 09:51:25 pm
Great!

this photograph was rhe very next image  m my catalog... after the :original" apparition.


(https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5769/23987754362_85dd056525_b.jpg)
Title: Re: the apparition
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 01, 2016, 12:40:43 am
Even spookier!
Title: Re: the apparition
Post by: Michael West on January 01, 2016, 02:55:04 pm
Even spookier!

This may be difficult to communicate wihtou drawing a "schematic" diagram but I can see a number of the items of focus form the first "aooarition in the secnd photo.

the eye form the first image seems to be on the "neck" or "chest" of the second image,, and what appeared to be a arm in "image #1" is alse rather noticable in the second image

where what passes for a face or head in the second image "came from" I simply have no idea

I almost wish I hadnt seem this second  considering Id not even noticed it in the library since shooting it.
Title: Re: the apparition
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 01, 2016, 03:04:05 pm
This may be heretical (it certainly will be to Russ), but I would be tempted to crop out the bottom quarter of the second image so that the "figure" is rising out of the bottom of the picture, sort of like a head-and-shoulders portrait.

Eric
Title: Re: the apparition
Post by: Michael West on January 01, 2016, 03:33:20 pm
This may be heretical (it certainly will be to Russ), but I would be tempted to crop out the bottom quarter of the second image so that the "figure" is rising out of the bottom of the picture, sort of like a head-and-shoulders portrait.

Eric

good choice...

since when is cropping heretical?
Title: Re: the apparition
Post by: MattBurt on January 02, 2016, 01:11:00 pm
I love it! Nothing wrong with a crop here and there either IMO.