Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Mirrorless Cameras => Topic started by: jtapiaguadix on December 28, 2015, 02:09:09 pm
-
Hi there!
I'm having some issues using the Sony 90mm G Macro lens with the A7RII (I guess this issue will be common to all A7 range). When the lens is stopped down for macro shooting (i.e ranging from f16 to f22) and pressing the shutter button half-way down, it automatically closes the aperture down (even if I have exposure settings off in live view) to preview DOF. This won't be a problem normally with lots of light, but at narrow apertures it makes the live view become really laggy and seems to run at 5 frames per second or so. I guess this is due to the lack of light and the way the camera tries to compensate for this. However it makes my life difficult for macro shooting. Do you know if there is any workaround for this issue? An option to de-activate the DOF preview will be really great.
Thanks!
Cheers
Javier
-
Not an exact solution to your problem but if you set one of the buttons on the camera to Bright Monitoring, it may help. The problem with Bright Monitoring is that when you adjust focus it goes back to dark but it does allow you to take a better look.
-
Thank you! I tried it but it doesn't help, only brights the monitor but the extreme slow live view remains unchanged. The funny thing is that it does not happen when I use the Metabones with my canon lenses... only with the Sony.
-
Hi,
I have not seen the problem on my Sony A7rII yet.
Regarding the Metabones, it doesn't close the aperture when you press the release half way when in power save mode, which is default.
Best regards
Erik
Thank you! I tried it but it doesn't help, only brights the monitor but the extreme slow live view remains unchanged. The funny thing is that it does not happen when I use the Metabones with my canon lenses... only with the Sony.