Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Paulo Bizarro on December 27, 2015, 06:29:18 am

Title: Sintra
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on December 27, 2015, 06:29:18 am
Sintra is a well known and famous town near Lisbon. Together with Cascais and Lisbon itself, it makes for a very popular tourist destination. It is a mountain near the sea, quite often enveloped in fog, with lush vegetation and romatic palaces and houses. Of Lord Byron fame.

Went on a trek the other day with my A7II and Loxia 35, and came away with some shots. Of course there was fog...

Regards and a great 2016.
Title: Re: Sintra
Post by: sarrasani on December 27, 2015, 09:59:57 am
very pleasurable images.
1 and 4 my favourites.
All the ebst,
sandro
Title: Re: Sintra
Post by: thierrylegros396 on December 27, 2015, 12:00:22 pm
I like the 4th very much.

Original.

Thierry
Title: Re: Sintra
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on December 27, 2015, 01:00:43 pm
Pleasant images, all.

When I read the header I thought you were going to show us the castle :-).
Title: Re: Sintra
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 27, 2015, 09:23:47 pm
very pleasurable images.
1 and 4 my favourites.
All the ebst,
sandro
Me too.
Title: Re: Sintra
Post by: Richard Pearlman on December 27, 2015, 10:01:14 pm
I love the atmosphere in the first shot.
Title: Re: Sintra
Post by: rgs on December 27, 2015, 10:06:12 pm
#1 - Absolutely. Wonderful shot. I love working in fog.
#3 - Very nice. I would probably like it better in color.
#4 - Wonderful. And, unlike #3, seems to be made for B&W. I'm not a fan of digital B&W - I much prefer wet B&W - but for some images...

Thanks for posting these. I really enjoyed them.
Title: Re: Sintra
Post by: chuckn on December 27, 2015, 10:32:07 pm
Paulo, I like #1 the most. The detail of the tree in the foreground, contrasted against the trees and fog in the back ground is very nice. You were blessed with good light too.

Chuck
Title: Re: Sintra
Post by: MattBurt on December 27, 2015, 11:34:39 pm
Yes, #1 is my pick too. Great detail and such a nice fade into the fog. Looks like a great place to wander and shoot.
Title: Re: Sintra
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on December 28, 2015, 04:02:26 am
Thanks all for the comments. It is a magical place.

Rajan: the Palacio da Pena was deep in the fog, not even a glimpse:) Only in #3 one could see the Castle of the Moors.
Title: Re: Sintra
Post by: HSakols on December 28, 2015, 08:53:11 pm
I like the second one.  I have great memories of visiting Sintra back in 1998.  It was magical.  I'm reminded that I need to scan those slides.
Title: Re: Sintra
Post by: Jens Peermann on December 28, 2015, 09:02:49 pm
The fairy tale appearance of the first image is wonderful. Like it a lot.