Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Capture One Q&A => Topic started by: James R on December 24, 2015, 01:20:17 pm

Title: Why doesn't CO...
Post by: James R on December 24, 2015, 01:20:17 pm
Cap One offers many ways to accomplish a task.  I prefer to set New Variant as Opt V, even though there at least 3 other ways to create a variant.  This leads me to my wish/complaint.  The Advance Search tool is easy to use and well situated on the screen; however, to filter for a star rating requires multiple mouse clicks--click to activate the tool, click to select the filter, and (what I hate most) click to close the tool.

I would like to see CO offer a filter tool that the user can add to the toolbar.  This would allow the selection of simple star or color filter with a single mouse click.  There is ample room on the tool bar for this function.  The Advance Search would then become something used for advanced searches... 
Title: Re: Why doesn't CO...
Post by: mgrayson on December 24, 2015, 02:25:55 pm
There is a 1-click filter for a star rating. There isn't for "at least n stars", and I wish that were available.

--Matt
Title: Re: Why doesn't CO...
Post by: Bart_van_der_Wolf on December 24, 2015, 02:39:39 pm
There is a 1-click filter for a star rating. There isn't for "at least n stars", and I wish that were available.

Hi Matt,

There is. Just create a (or several) Smart Album(s), and it gets updated while you change ratings. Here's (http://help.phaseone.com/en/CO9/search-filter) more info about searching and filtering.

Maybe this is also what James is looking for?
BTW, keyboard shortcuts can be adjusted in the preferences.

Cheers,
Bart
Title: Re: Why doesn't CO...
Post by: Bob Rockefeller on December 24, 2015, 03:09:42 pm
I would like to see CO offer a filter tool that the user can add to the toolbar.  This would allow the selection of simple star or color filter with a single mouse click.

Does the Filters tool do what you need? Click in the black circle to the right of the count.
Title: Re: Why doesn't CO...
Post by: James R on December 24, 2015, 04:20:22 pm
Probably didn't state my case clearly enough.  I'm aware of ways to access filters, including star and color.  I was looking for a one click method of changing filters without going into the Library or using the Advance Search method.  Just a one click and done.  BTW, this isn't a big deal to me, I just like to reduce clicks where it's possible.