Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: jeffreybehr on December 24, 2015, 12:42:27 am

Title: I've Searched, but...can someone with a P800 tell me what the maximum length...
Post by: jeffreybehr on December 24, 2015, 12:42:27 am
...is for User Defined sheet paper?  In the 3880 it's 37.40".

And I'm not looking for what Epson writes elsewhere, I'm looking for the exact maximum length you can set in the printer driver.
Title: Re: I've Searched, but...can someone with a P800 tell me what the maximum length...
Post by: hugowolf on December 24, 2015, 01:01:52 am
It is about 10 ft. I wouldn't worry about it. The 3880, which it replaces, had a max length of 95 cm (approx 37.4 inches).

Keith Cooper has a review where he prints 3.2 metres: http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/reviews/printer/epson-sc_p800_review.html.

Brian A
Title: Re: I've Searched, but...can someone with a P800 tell me what the maximum length...
Post by: jeffreybehr on December 24, 2015, 02:45:40 am
It is about 10 ft. I wouldn't worry about it. The 3880, which it replaces, had a max length of 95 cm (approx 37.4 inches).
...
Brian A

TYVM Brian.  I believe I'll buy one.   :)
Title: Re: I've Searched, but...can someone with a P800 tell me what the maximum length...
Post by: TheLastOfUs on December 25, 2015, 08:01:48 pm
Sorry to hijack this thread - but is that a maximum length of 120 inches without a roll?

Can I use a 13x38" paper and have the printer print it all ?
Title: Re: I've Searched, but...can someone with a P800 tell me what the maximum length...
Post by: digitaldog on December 25, 2015, 08:18:28 pm
AFAIK, the OS plays a role too. At least in the past, OS X wasn't able to print as long on roll paper as Windows.
Title: Re: I've Searched, but...can someone with a P800 tell me what the maximum length...
Post by: howardm on December 25, 2015, 08:20:59 pm
I doubt it matters.  The printer doesn't really know about whether there is a roll holder & paper roll.  The 3880 could do 38" sheet paper (been there, done it), you just had to be slightly creative about how you dealt w/ input and output.  The input we'd just usually roll over the printer.
Title: Re: I've Searched, but...can someone with a P800 tell me what the maximum length...
Post by: TheLastOfUs on December 25, 2015, 08:29:07 pm
For input do you mean feed it in from the place the roll paper goes into or can one just use the straight front in/out on the printer for 38" long sheet?

Title: Re: I've Searched, but...can someone with a P800 tell me what the maximum length...
Post by: jeffreybehr on December 26, 2015, 01:17:11 am
For input do you mean feed it in from the place the roll paper goes into or can one just use the straight front in/out on the printer for 38" long sheet?

I feed 37"-long sheets into the normal top-rear sheet feeder.  Unless the paper is really stiff, it won't stand by itself the way a 25" or 22" paper sheet will.  After the printing starts, I just let the long top relax over the top of the printer case; after a while, it'll feed by itself and all you have to do as it's finished is catch the print before it falls on the floor and wrinkles.