Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: summit68 on December 23, 2015, 02:06:50 pm
-
Does anyone have any experience/recommendations printing on a sound transparent fabric to make sound absorption panels, -or-
Using a service that custom prints sound absorption panels?
Looking for specific products or companies.
Thanks!
-
Not sure how that might work. Usually those products fall into the absorption category where there is a loose woven fabric that has something like fibreglass insulation or such behind it or you have the deflection category w/ the fairly dense foam that has a significant 3D profile like waves or pyramids etc.
You'd have to find a pretty loose canvas I'd think.
-
Yes, I think the better approach is to use a service who makes these panels with the insulation, etc. I think they use dye sub printers. Anyone have experience with one of the services?
-
Well, it's clear to me now that none of these panel places are used to dealing with anyone who prints for a living. After talking to three 'graphic designers' at three companies, no one has any idea about a color profile for soft-proofing on my end.
-
Jaquard Fabrisign is fantastic for Epson and Canon pigment ink printing. I love the silk habotai and chiffon surfaces, but they have a loit of great stuff, ask for a sample book. They also make 6' sample rolls which would be just about enough for your application, and a great deal at $30.
http://www.inkjetfabrics.com/products/fabric/fabrisign.php