Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: Peter McLennan on December 22, 2015, 08:04:50 pm

Title: NEC Customer Service
Post by: Peter McLennan on December 22, 2015, 08:04:50 pm
Recently, I encountered a problem calibrating my several-years-old NEC Multisync PA271W.  The calibration software, SpectraView, somehow lost communication with the monitor and I was unable to calibrate it. After a few days of trying to fix it, I gave up.  Nothing I did would restore communications to the monitor. 

Then, I noticed that a Mr. William Hollingworth, Senior Manager - Product Development, NEC Display Solutions of America Inc. was a LuLa forum member, so I PM'd him asking for advice.

Will responded within hours. What followed was a dozen or so messages and emails back and forth between us, many of them after hours, including a weekend as Will and I troubleshot my issue.  The net result was a perfectly functioning, newly calibrated monitor.

In this day of outsourced call centers and offshore-based canned and scripted tech support services, my dealings with NEC and William were like a breath of fresh air.  Imagine.  In-depth, one-on-one communications with top level management devoted to solving my problems.  Fantastic.

I live in a remote rural community, far from any kind of tech support, but William was able to get me up and running again.  I am forever grateful. This is not my first NEC monitor, nor will it be my last.
Title: Re: NEC Customer Service
Post by: digitaldog on December 22, 2015, 08:30:56 pm
Will is indeed a fantastic resource and we're lucky at LuLa we have him posting. He is also a super nice guy.
Title: Re: NEC Customer Service
Post by: Schewe on December 23, 2015, 02:05:18 am
Will is indeed a fantastic resource and we're lucky at LuLa we have him posting. He is also a super nice guy.

Ditto...he's one of the "good Guys™" in the industry. Thanks Will!