Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: rgs on December 22, 2015, 07:17:36 pm

Title: San Luis Colorado
Post by: rgs on December 22, 2015, 07:17:36 pm
On the road from Colorado Springs to Taos I stumbled across San Luis, Colorado. Not a very big town but I think they claim to be the oldest town in Colorado. On mesa in the town there is a small church, The Chapel of All Saints, with a foot path up to the church that is lined by the stations of the cross. I have included two shots of the church - the first one is lit better, I think, but I really prefer the clouds in the second. The last shot is of the not so common 15th station of the cross, "The Resurrection", which I found particularly moving and the clouds seemed to join in with the sculpture the day I was there. Hope you enjoy these. Please forgive the long explanation. I welcome your comments. Thanks for looking.
Title: Re: San Luis Colorado
Post by: thierrylegros396 on December 23, 2015, 05:30:03 am
Ilike the 3.

But I think that the blue sky in the 2nd is too dark blue.

Thierry
Title: Re: San Luis Colorado
Post by: Jens Peermann on December 23, 2015, 09:38:57 pm
I like the  composition of number 1, but prefer the appearance of number 2. I'm sure both images can be tweaked to show more detail in the clouds and on the building's white plaster.