Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: churly on December 22, 2015, 05:22:32 pm

Title: Cold Transitions
Post by: churly on December 22, 2015, 05:22:32 pm
Right on the border between liquid and solid.
CC welcome.
Chuck
Title: Re: Cold Transitions
Post by: thierrylegros396 on December 23, 2015, 05:27:47 am
They need to be big to be appreciated.

Thierry
Title: Re: Cold Transitions
Post by: Bob_B on December 23, 2015, 09:33:02 am
Interesting set. I really enjoy the metallic sheen on the water in photo #3.
Title: Re: Cold Transitions
Post by: sdwilsonsct on December 23, 2015, 12:09:32 pm
Have you thought about making it sharp across the field? Just a thought.
I might try to increase the interest by casting these in B&W and titling them "Elephant skin" or some other provocative nonsense.
Title: Re: Cold Transitions
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on December 23, 2015, 12:32:04 pm
Have you thought about making it sharp across the field?...

+1

The subject matter here demands absolute sharpness front-to-back for the desired effect of the biting cold. You need to feel that you could cut yourself just by touching the solid parts.
Title: Re: Cold Transitions
Post by: LesPalenik on December 23, 2015, 01:34:28 pm
Speaking about liquid and solid, look at this:

Frozen tea (http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/tundra-tea-toss-photo-1.3376219)
Title: Re: Cold Transitions
Post by: churly on December 24, 2015, 07:59:56 am
Thanks for the comments and to Les for the link (really cool :)).  I was playing with the dof on these in an attempt to bring the eye to a particular point.  Apparently a less than successful experiment but that feedback is the reason I posted them so much appreciated.  I think everything else I shot that day was focus stacked and full of sharpness. 
Chuck
Title: Re: Cold Transitions
Post by: sarrasani on December 24, 2015, 06:42:18 pm
I like all of these "demi-abstract". The very cold tuning also helps.
All the best,
sandro
Title: Re: Cold Transitions
Post by: pw-pix on December 24, 2015, 07:29:34 pm
The last one seems quite pleasing.
Title: Re: Cold Transitions
Post by: kers on December 24, 2015, 08:31:00 pm
very nice images!
thanks for sharing
PK
Title: Re: Cold Transitions
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on December 25, 2015, 03:43:39 pm
Excellent theme. Focus stacking would have been ideal for this.