Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: nma on December 22, 2015, 02:13:23 am
-
Here is another example for discussion from my Boston After Dark series. This one is closely related to the "Last Tenement," shown a few days ago. In this composition I have tried to exploit the wet streets to give a nostalgic emotion to the image. Which do you prefer?
(https://landscape-gallery.smugmug.com/photos/i-XJBqhQr/0/XL/i-XJBqhQr-XL.jpg)
-
I prefer this one overall.
Have a Nice Day.
Thierry
-
I've not seen the other photo, but this one is excellent
-
This is a much much better image than the first - and a really good capture of the essence of a familiar place. In the first referring to "the tenement", the actual building is mostly dark/in shadow/shade along with everything else except for the iPhone advert....so you really don't get what you're referring to in the context so much. In this, the yellow light is wonderful reflected on streets right as well as the illumination of the contemporary bridge etc. I would consider bringing up the shadows/dark shadows on the left under the bridge span just a bit. /Brandt