Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Rand47 on December 21, 2015, 08:11:45 pm

Title: Central Coast Oaks
Post by: Rand47 on December 21, 2015, 08:11:45 pm
(https://rsadams.smugmug.com/Landscape/Point-Lobos-Carmel/i-jDZfSn4/0/XL/_SDI0065-Edit-2-XL.jpg)

Sigma DP1 Merrill
Title: Re: Central Coast Oaks
Post by: Jens Peermann on December 21, 2015, 09:33:18 pm
I like the personality of those oak trees.

BTW, this is the most common type of landscape that can be found in California, not just on the coast. We just don't see many pictures of it because it's so, well, common.
Title: Re: Central Coast Oaks
Post by: Rand47 on December 21, 2015, 09:41:43 pm
I like the personality of those oak trees.

BTW, this is the most common type of landscape that can be found in California, not just on the coast. We just don't see many pictures of it because it's so, well, common.

Yeah, pretty much.  I live here.  And I've never found the rolling hills and oaks any more "common" than 1,000 miles of rocks and surf along the shoreline, or trees, rivers and waterfalls in the Sierras.  I love them and am fascinated by them, too.  Thanks for the kind comment.

Rand
Title: Re: Central Coast Oaks
Post by: thierrylegros396 on December 22, 2015, 03:27:07 am
Remembers me some areas near Belgo-German border.

Well done.

Thierry
Title: Re: Central Coast Oaks
Post by: KMRennie on December 22, 2015, 07:55:53 am
A nice gentle landscape. The fence does nothing for me however. It looks like an orphan left to fend for itself.
Ken