Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Stephen Girimont on December 21, 2015, 06:11:46 pm

Title: Farmland Sunset
Post by: Stephen Girimont on December 21, 2015, 06:11:46 pm
I recently relocated to Loudoun County, Virginia and have a lot to explore around my new home. This image was taken recently about 20 minutes from where I live. Love the farmland and old towns in abundance around here!

(http://theintimatelandscape.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Loudoun-County-Farmland-Sunset.jpg)
Title: Re: Farmland Sunset
Post by: sarrasani on December 21, 2015, 07:05:10 pm
very fine for my tastes, with pleasant colours/tones and robust composition (perspective+horizon triangle).
All the best,
sandro
Title: Re: Farmland Sunset
Post by: Jens Peermann on December 21, 2015, 09:37:27 pm
Great capture with a classic composition, beautiful colors and an interesting geometry in the clouds. With some imagination a dancing wolf is detectable in the sky. Well done!
Title: Re: Farmland Sunset
Post by: thierrylegros396 on December 22, 2015, 03:24:06 am
Well framed.

Perhaps a bit too much clarity for my taste.

Thierry
Title: Re: Farmland Sunset
Post by: Stephen Girimont on December 22, 2015, 10:11:59 am
Thanks all!

With regards to the composition, I've been second-guessing myself wondering if moving a bit more to the left might have resulted in stronger triangles in the foreground, but I also wonder about obscuring the barn roof at the vanishing point of the fence line to the right. I'll have to go back and check it out.

I'm also wondering if I was too heavy-handed with the clarity, but I plan to print it before making the final determination on that; most likely tonight.

Thanks again!