Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Diego Pigozzo on December 21, 2015, 05:18:54 pm

Title: Life. Interconnected.
Post by: Diego Pigozzo on December 21, 2015, 05:18:54 pm
One of the shot of a series I took last year.
The idea was to show the interconnection between the various shapes of life the their environment.
I now realize that the vertical shots doen't work well with the horizontal ones.

This shot is a little noisy on purpose: I had it printed and the noise helped the sense of sharpness.

Here the full series (https://www.flickr.com/photos/diegopig/albums/72157642509783403/with/13431283085/).
Title: Re: Like. Interconnected.
Post by: luxborealis on December 21, 2015, 06:01:23 pm
Not like; not connected.

Sorry, I don't see what you see, so I don't get it.
Title: Re: Like. Interconnected.
Post by: Diego Pigozzo on December 21, 2015, 06:03:51 pm
Not like; not connected.

Sorry, I don't see what you see, so I don't get it.
No problem :)
Title: Re: Life. Interconnected.
Post by: Bruce Cox on December 21, 2015, 08:01:45 pm
Your dowsing rod seems to have found its mark as shown by the looping vine, the green diagonal gradient, the many x's, etc.

However, to promote drilling, future employment as a diviner, or just to get more people to look at the picture longer, you might dramatically advertise your find.
Title: Re: Life. Interconnected.
Post by: Diego Pigozzo on December 22, 2015, 04:54:06 am
Your dowsing rod seems to have found its mark as shown by the looping vine, the green diagonal gradient, the many x's, etc.

However, to promote drilling, future employment as a diviner, or just to get more people to look at the picture longer, you might dramatically advertise your find.
Mmm... probably you're right, on screen a constant border works better.

Title: Re: Life. Interconnected.
Post by: Bruce Cox on December 22, 2015, 10:29:44 am
Mmm... probably you're right, on screen a constant border works better.

So are you kidding too, or just looking at this on your phone?

Anyway, I like the image and its composition.

I thought it could use a hook, but that depends on your plans for it.

Bruce
Title: Re: Life. Interconnected.
Post by: Diego Pigozzo on December 23, 2015, 03:02:47 am
So are you kidding too, or just looking at this on your phone?
No kidding, that's the difference I noticed between the version you posted and mine  :-[.



Anyway, I like the image and its composition.

I thought it could use a hook, but that depends on your plans for it.
I agree with you: the shot is "a little messy" and your comment made me think.
I realized that I like the shot because is very much a representation of the way I see the world: a bunch of concepts more or less loosly connected with each other, which doesn't happens very often with my shots. :)
Title: Re: Life. Interconnected.
Post by: Bruce Cox on December 23, 2015, 09:45:34 am
No kidding, that's the difference I noticed between the version you posted and mine  :-[.

My desaturating of the central section of the Y shaped limb was not, I conclude, an effective hook.

Maybe it's an anchor. [once you notice it, perhaps]

I seem to want at least a nominal figure to arrest the flow down the slope, cycle back though it does.

Bruce
Title: Re: Life. Interconnected.
Post by: Diego Pigozzo on December 23, 2015, 09:59:14 am
My desaturating of the central section of the Y shaped limb was not much of a hook then.

Maybe it's an anchor. [once you notice it, perhaps]

I seem to want at least a nominal figure to arrest the flow across the frame.

Bruce
I probably didn't notice because of my poor monitor.
It has a trouble childhood, its bike got stole when it was just two years old and, recently, its cat died (it went too far ashore).
So right now my monitor is not very good at rendering colors :)

But, jokes aside, I agree: the image does require a hook to be more "enjoyable".
Yet, for the reasons stated above, I like it the way it is :) :)