Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape Photography Locations => Topic started by: Hans Kruse on December 21, 2015, 10:31:53 am
-
I come a lot in Italy and I like the different landscapes available in different areas. Sicily is special with the seascapes, mount Etna and the landscapes in the inner parts of Sicily. On the last trip mount Etna decided to speak up and there was a major eruption on the morning when I flew out, but the day before there was some preparations going on inside of Etna which showed on the morning sky and during the day.
As much as I like iconic places as they are iconic for a reason, I even more like to explore locations where there are more virgin land :)
Here are some shots from this trip.
(http://www.hanskrusephotography.com/Landscapes/Sicily/i-c7QwDWR/0/X3/_P4A3856-HDR-X2.jpg)
(http://www.hanskrusephotography.com/Landscapes/Sicily/i-mdN4dSR/0/X3/_P4A3641-X2.jpg)
(http://www.hanskrusephotography.com/Landscapes/Sicily/i-WrRs8Xd/0/X2/_P4A3522-X2.jpg)
(http://www.hanskrusephotography.com/Landscapes/Sicily/i-NJBVwr5/0/X2/_P4A3498-X2.jpg)
(http://www.hanskrusephotography.com/Landscapes/Sicily/i-dRqBDCN/0/X2/_P4A3058-X2.jpg)
(http://www.hanskrusephotography.com/Landscapes/Sicily/i-3CmMqHL/0/X2/DSC_5016-X2.jpg)
(http://www.hanskrusephotography.com/Landscapes/Sicily/i-BZhQ3gb/0/X2/DSC_4942-X2.jpg)
(http://www.hanskrusephotography.com/Landscapes/Sicily/i-7fHhCZK/0/X2/DSC_4939-X2.jpg)
(http://www.hanskrusephotography.com/Landscapes/Sicily/i-8WVdktc/0/X2/_P4A2727-HDR-X2.jpg)
(http://www.hanskrusephotography.com/Landscapes/Sicily/i-xpPMXNX/0/X2/_P4A2668-X2.jpg)
(http://www.hanskrusephotography.com/Landscapes/Sicily/i-VBbWPZJ/0/X2/DSC_4657-X2.jpg)
(http://www.hanskrusephotography.com/Landscapes/Sicily/i-hDw7V6v/0/X2/DSC_4636-Edit-X2.jpg)
(http://www.hanskrusephotography.com/Landscapes/Sicily/i-Xkx8rr6/0/X2/DSC_4417-X2.jpg)
-
Thanks for posting these - it's helped me convince my wife that Sicily is somewhere we should go
-
These are nice, too, Hans, just like your work from Tuscany!
-
Nice work! Sicily is much more diverse than most people think.
-
Thanks very much and glad to inspire some to go and visit Sicily :)
-
Again Hans, absolutely stunning images! Beautiful Sicilia!
-
I like most the photos of Etna.
"The sky before us was covered with thick and low clouds, while
high above them a singular phenomenon was observable. It
was striped white and grey, and seemed to be something
corporeal ; but how could aught corporeal get into the sky ?
Our guide enlightened us. This subject of our amazement
was a side of Mount Etna, which appeared through the
opening clouds. Snow alternating with the crags formed the
stripes." J.W. Goethe, Italian Journey (Monday, April 30, 1787)
P.S. After your departure something happened like this:
https://500px.com/photo/131303501/rise-of-the-giant-by-giuseppe-torre