Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape Photography Locations => Topic started by: Hans Kruse on December 21, 2015, 10:26:04 am
-
I go to Val d'Orcia in Tuscany in November every year. What I like about Tuscany at time this of year is that there are almost no tourists, often nice dramatic weather, great light, fields are plowed and the new crop for next year is typically growing and showing some fields with a light touch of green.
In the following there are some pictures from this year in November.
(http://www.hanskrusephotography.com/Landscapes/Tuscany/i-3zWwZCJ/0/X2/_P4A1504-HDR-Edit-X2.jpg)
(http://www.hanskrusephotography.com/Landscapes/Tuscany/i-xkzhGkp/0/X2/_P4A1432-X2.jpg)
(http://www.hanskrusephotography.com/Landscapes/Tuscany/i-VfrWGzL/0/X2/DSC_3964-Edit-X2.jpg)
(http://www.hanskrusephotography.com/Landscapes/Tuscany/i-9nPFvNb/0/X2/DSC_4091-X2.jpg)
(http://www.hanskrusephotography.com/Landscapes/Tuscany/i-FRWKsm5/0/X2/_P4A1719-X2.jpg)
(http://www.hanskrusephotography.com/Landscapes/Tuscany/i-wFQCv9m/0/X2/_P4A2133-X2.jpg)
(http://www.hanskrusephotography.com/Landscapes/Tuscany/i-2RGh289/0/X2/_P4A1545-HDR-X2.jpg)
(http://www.hanskrusephotography.com/Landscapes/Tuscany/i-WnfcKhn/3/X2/DSC_3961-X2.jpg)
(http://www.hanskrusephotography.com/Landscapes/Tuscany/i-f2Fnsp8/1/X2/_P4A1530-HDR-X2.jpg)
(http://www.hanskrusephotography.com/Landscapes/Tuscany/i-CpvPFWP/0/X2/_P4A2112-HDR-X2.jpg)
(http://www.hanskrusephotography.com/Landscapes/Tuscany/i-tX7RbWD/0/X2/_P4A2006-HDR-X2.jpg)
-
Well done, once again, Hans! A really nice collection of photos which are well crafted!
-
Thanks again for sharing your beautiful photos… Yes, November is a great time too.
-
Thanks very much for the responses and glad you liked the pictures :)
-
Thanks very much for the responses and glad you liked the pictures :)
"liked" is an understatement. They're stunning.
Jeremy
-
I agree with the others, Hans. Absolutely stunning!!
I'm passing through Tuscany in two days, traveling to my sister between Rome and Naples. Sadly, IÄ've never found the time to stop for photography in Toscana. Maybe next year.
-
Great pics!
Some of them are cropped or pano?
And with the first, obviously this is "out of camera" crop, does it work better with shaving some sky off the top? or...?
-
Really stunning work, Hans.
Best regards,
Bob
CEO CFO EIEIO, Ret.
-
Hans,
Really like those images and the post processing, if I may add. Camera exposes the image, Lightroom does the rest…
Best regards
Erik
-
Beautiful light. My favourite is the group of trees in the plain rolling hills - what great contours.
-
Thanks very much to all for the comments. Regarding the first image if it should be cropped from the top or not. I decided based on the shape of the clouds and how they ended that the crop was like shown and it was a crop from the top of the original photo. Several of the shots are cropped from the camera. The reason being what was in the scene that was disturbing and how much I wanted horizontally. None of them are stitched. They are shot with the 5Ds R mostly and some with the D810.
-
Some more from Tuscany in November 2015.
http://www.hanskrusephotography.com/Landscapes/Tuscany/i-5tRRBcg
(http://www.hanskrusephotography.com/Landscapes/Tuscany/i-5tRRBcg/1/X2/_P4A2102-HDR-X2.jpg)
http://www.hanskrusephotography.com/Landscapes/Tuscany/i-KNj6MhW
(http://www.hanskrusephotography.com/Landscapes/Tuscany/i-KNj6MhW/0/X2/DSC_4186-X2.jpg)
http://www.hanskrusephotography.com/Landscapes/Tuscany/i-W8467mw
(http://www.hanskrusephotography.com/Landscapes/Tuscany/i-W8467mw/0/X2/_P4A1885-X2.jpg)
http://www.hanskrusephotography.com/Landscapes/Tuscany/i-tfxWJwZ
(http://www.hanskrusephotography.com/Landscapes/Tuscany/i-tfxWJwZ/0/X2/_P4A1852-X2.jpg)
http://www.hanskrusephotography.com/Landscapes/Tuscany/i-fp7wWTn
(http://www.hanskrusephotography.com/Landscapes/Tuscany/i-fp7wWTn/1/X2/DSC_4102-X2.jpg)
http://www.hanskrusephotography.com/Landscapes/Tuscany/i-QHcd6r7
(http://www.hanskrusephotography.com/Landscapes/Tuscany/i-QHcd6r7/0/X2/DSC_4067-X2.jpg)
http://www.hanskrusephotography.com/Landscapes/Tuscany/i-5L6p3D6
(http://www.hanskrusephotography.com/Landscapes/Tuscany/i-5L6p3D6/1/X2/_P4A1840-X2.jpg)
http://www.hanskrusephotography.com/Landscapes/Tuscany/i-GFP28cC
(http://www.hanskrusephotography.com/Landscapes/Tuscany/i-GFP28cC/2/X2/DSC_4025-X2.jpg)
-
Really beautiful. I do hope to get back to Tuscany some day.
-
+1, on both issues!
Take care
Erik
Really beautiful. I do hope to get back to Tuscany some day.
-
Thanks very much Eric and Erik :)
Tuscany is lovely and especially outside of the crowded tourist seasons. Many have asked why I go in November and the reason is simply that it is this very nice area and you are almost alone with the local Italians which is really nice. Besides that often dramatic weather which really helps for photos. All the photos shown in this thread was shot in a week where I had to excuse for the weather not being the best !!