Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: nma on December 21, 2015, 04:23:04 am
-
From the island of Kauai, a scene from a walk on the lithified cliffs near Poipu.
(https://landscape-gallery.smugmug.com/photos/i-4TFcB9H/0/O/i-4TFcB9H.jpg)
-
Lovely!
The soft tones of this image almost allow me to feel the gentle trade winds against my skin and the hear the surf breaking at the foot of those cliffs while the clouds drift slowly across the sky as the sun sets and the colours glow then darken.
Tony Jay
-
Great scene. I would like to see more life in the sky colors, though. The look weak compared to the colors on the rock and vegetation.
-
I like this image just as it is. Fine processing though other renderings are possible.
-
the foreground grass works well and helps the perspective. very pleasurable colours and tones and sharpness.
S.
-
+1. I agree with Tony Jay's thoughts. Strong lines, good tonal palette. I wonder if warming the colors up just a wee bit might provide even more impact?
-
Great as it is for me…
Bravo!
-
Thanks for all the encouraging comments, much appreciated.
I might benefit from a discussion of how, or if, to warm the sunrise tones: It turns out that sunrise along the south coast of Kauai is often a bit wimpy, often accompanied by fog banks that block the rays until the sun is rather high up. In this case I got just a tinge of sun before the sun was blocked by the off shore clouds. So, what to do? Increase the overall color temperature? Increase the hue of the oranges, reds and yellows? Nothing?
Thanks for your comments