Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: wmchauncey on December 20, 2015, 08:36:59 am

Title: What might you do with images like this
Post by: wmchauncey on December 20, 2015, 08:36:59 am
I've got a ton of Egrets in Flight images as exhibited in this composition...how might you turn some/all into an object d'art?

(http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l383/chauncey43/egrets-and-GB.jpg) (http://s329.photobucket.com/user/chauncey43/media/egrets-and-GB.jpg.html)
Title: Re: What might you do with images like this
Post by: Bart_van_der_Wolf on December 20, 2015, 09:58:44 am
I've got a ton of Egrets in Flight images as exhibited in this composition...how might you turn some/all into an object d'art?

Hi,

I'd crop (and clone out) a lot to get a more tranquil image. There are actually 2 relatively usable compositions in this image (see attached).

Cheers,
Bart
Title: Re: What might you do with images like this
Post by: wmchauncey on December 20, 2015, 12:15:13 pm
I had a failure to communicate...there are seven selected images...how might you arrange any or all?
Title: Re: What might you do with images like this
Post by: Bart_van_der_Wolf on December 20, 2015, 12:57:39 pm
I had a failure to communicate...there are seven selected images...how might you arrange any or all?

I see, so it was already a composted image of individual specimens. Well, then the possibilities to combine them are endless. Trial and error, e.g. all similar poses and shooting angle with one a bit more different? Try using a composition 'rule' for placement, but deviate from it for one or two, to create tension.

Cheers,
Bart