Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: James Clark on December 19, 2015, 04:40:44 pm

Title: Sundown Spectrum
Post by: James Clark on December 19, 2015, 04:40:44 pm
30 floors up, I was face-to-face with what is, at midday, a mirrored glass building, nothing unusual.  But with a vibrant sunset reflected in the glass and an approaching night as the backdrop, something special happened. 

(http://www.jclarkgallery.com/photos/Sundown Spectrum.jpg)
Title: Re: Sundown Spectrum
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on December 19, 2015, 04:47:38 pm
Love it! Well seen.

I'd personally go for a slightly more vibrant tonalities and contrast, especially in the oranges.
Title: Re: Sundown Spectrum
Post by: mseawell on December 19, 2015, 06:22:59 pm
That is a stunner! Would love to see this as a print.

Mark
Title: Re: Sundown Spectrum
Post by: sarrasani on December 19, 2015, 06:30:01 pm
it's not exatly my kind, but I like it.
The combination of simple but not oversaturated colours, the particular (more geometry and texture than architecture) composition
reach the target of a very good image.
all the best,
Sandro
Title: Re: Sundown Spectrum
Post by: Bob_B on December 19, 2015, 06:39:43 pm
Great capture, and what a wonderful palette of colors. At first glance, I wonder if a different crop might not offer greater dynamics? (Just thinking out loud.) No matter. I echo Mark's thought about seeing this as a print. Beautiful.
Title: Re: Sundown Spectrum
Post by: thierrylegros396 on December 20, 2015, 05:42:46 am
Very well seen.

Have a Nice Day.

Thierry
Title: Re: Sundown Spectrum
Post by: Mjollnir on December 20, 2015, 09:33:03 am
Too good.  Well done.
Title: Re: Sundown Spectrum
Post by: James Clark on December 20, 2015, 08:00:37 pm
Thanks all for the kind comments!

Sandro - that's exactly what  I liked about it as well - the geometry and color contrasts.

Slobodan - I would have liked that as well, but unfortunately the construction of the building was such that the really strong oranges would have fallen below the line of the glass part of the building. 

Bob - good suggestions. I've though about other crops and compositions as well, including square and I did also shoot a little ICM along with the regular shots (attached).

Mjollnir, Thierry and Mark - I really appreciate the kind words.  I definitely plan on trying this one out on paper.